Multiple suggestions for single login using Spotlight Search

jmreekes
jmreekes
Community Member

I was using the new Spotlight Search feature to try to locate my Instapaper login info and Spotlight search displayed multiple results making it seem as if there was multiple Instapaper logins in my vault, when in fact there is only one. Clicking on the first three opened 1Password to the list of all my logins, not the specific Insapaper entry. Only the fourth in the list opened 1Password to my Instapaper info. I have used Spotlight Search to locate other login info and Instapaper is the only search where Spotlight returned multiple results.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with 1Password or something in Spotlight Search.

I'm running beta 600016 and iOS 9 on an iPhone 5. I also have the same beta on my iPad but have not had a chance to see if it does the same with Instapaper. I will try it later and let you know what it does.

Comments

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

• We found an issue where trashed items were being indexed by Spotlight, are some of these Instapaper Logins in the trash? You will have to check in 1Password for Mac.

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

I will check that in a few days when I get back. I'll report back

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Whenever it's convenient for you, @jmreekess. :)

We'll be watching for your follow-up. Thanks again for reporting this!

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

@MrRooni @sjk I just checked and there were some old Instapaper logins in the trash. I cleared them out and the issue went away. Thanks for the help

• Good to hear, @jmreekes, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.