Add search to "Favorites" tab on iOS

adamjb
adamjb
Community Member

Please add a search box to the top of the "Favorites" tab on iOS. This search should be identical to the search on the "Categories" tab and should search all items.

Currently when trying to find something, you have to open the app, click "Categories", then type your search. I think search is essential to the 1Password app experience and should be one of the easiest things to find and use, not hidden away on a secondary tab.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @adamjb The Favorites tab is supposed to be a place to quickly access your most used items, so it makes sense that there's not a search function on there right now.

• adamjb
    adamjb
    Community Member

Yes, but it is also the page that shows first when I open the app, and most of the time when I'm opening the app, it is to access something not in my favorites. Do you think that a search box would hurt functionality? I can't think of a downside, and there are plenty of use-cases that it improves. You could even hide it above the top favorite item so you have to drag down to see it, which is the Apple approach for most apps.

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015

Hi @adamjb,

Thanks for letting us know this is a feature you'd like to see! I've added your feature request to our internal tracker :)

ref: OPI-3094

This discussion has been closed.