Trouble transfering 1pw to new android phone from old android phone

cyw
cyw
Community Member

I am having trouble transfering 1pw to my new android phone from my old android phone using Dropbox sync. Error msg: A key data file could not be loaded. I have followed the troubleshooting guide, traced the key data file to encryption.js, checked that FULL control is enabled. I have also searched and gone through the DropboxSync error pages and checked carefully as suggested. Dropbox is working normally for other files, and new files from 1pw on old android is syncing. I have 1pw 4 on my old android (this is the only 1pw I purchased and have only been using it on my old android to date. I am doing DropboxSync only because I want to transfer the 1pw files to my new android. I am using a Windows PC. Thank you

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015

@cyw: I'm sorry to hear that! I've moved this discussion to the Android category of the forums, since it sounds like 1Password is working for you on Windows.

If encryptionkeys.js is not loading, either it isn't present in Dropbox, it hasn't finished syncing, the file is damaged...or you're trying to open 1PasswordAnywhere 1Password.html in the Dropbox app or browser on your device, and this simply won't work.

If you want to sync your 1Password data from your PC to and Android device, you'll need to follow this guide:

Setting up Dropbox sync (Windows)

And then install 1Password for Android and set up Dropbox sync there as well. I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• cyw
    cyw
    Community Member

Yay! It worked, I now have transferred my 1pw items successfully into my new android phone. Thank you SOOO MUCH ... and almost an instant response too, you are excellent brenty, much appreciated!
    PS - It was the third one - I was trying to open 1pw in my dropbox app/browser :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

PS - It was the third one - I was trying to open 1pw in my dropbox app/browser :p

@cyw: Yes! That happens to the best of us. You're most welcome. I'm glad to hear that it's working for you now. And thank you for the kind words! We're here for you if you need any thing else! :)

This discussion has been closed.