Wrong auto login fields for Xing and LinkedIn on Mac

On Safari 8.0.8 I have the issue that on the pages:

https://www.xing.com and https://www.linkedin.com the 1Password extension fills out the registration / signup form and not the login form. So I can't use the extension, but have to search and copy over the menu bar helper, which is a bit annoying as it takes much more time.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kai_,

Can I ask, how do you currently create your Login items? I've just tried creating a test Login item at Xing by following our How to manually save a Login guide and it filled the correct fields after I reloaded the page. Now 1Password won't open the small Log in drawer but even without it being visible 1Password fills the fields. Do you still have the problem if you try creating a new Login item using the guide I linked to?

• kai_
    kai_
    Community Member

Well I don't exactly remember how I created the original XING login, but I assume just normal login and then the 1Password extension popped up and I said save.

Anyways I put my old Xing login into the trash temporarily and created a new login according to your guide. And it still has the same effect of filling in the registration page. I added this screenshot just to make sure we get the same page.

However I also tried it for LinkedIn and it worked!

• kai_
    kai_
    Community Member

I could solve on my own by editing the web form details and looking up the html source code of the page. Didn't know before that it works like that.

• Hi @kai_,

While it is possible to edit the web form details I would hope it normally isn't necessary. What is interesting is the screenshot you posted differed not just in the language but in actual layout. See for yourself.

It makes me wonder if the pages are actually different - maybe this is why we seemed to experience different results. Great to hear that helped with LinkedIn though. Generally, any site that places a registration form on the same page as a login form should correctly fill if the Login item is created from within the browser where we can see the fields and note which ones contain data. If you ever have trouble with a site though please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.