Help Spread the word about 1Password

Carl
Carl
Community Member
edited December 1969 in Lounge
Are you in love with 1Password as much as us? Don't keep it to yourself. :)

Help spread the word.

The site below allow ratings, reviews, and other means for helping to promote 1Password. This really helps us tremendously.

MacUpdate
One of top download sites for Mac software. 1Password is listed as "Hot Pick" by editors at MacUpdate. You can add you rating and write a review.

VersionTracker
Another top download site. 1Password was chosen as an Editor's Pick. You can add a review and rating.

iUseThis
In addition to adding a review, it is your chance to find out what else is popular.

Digg
The popular social news site. If you see a great 1Password story, please digg it.

del.icio.us
The social bookmarking site. Add 1Password to your del.icio.us bookmarks.

Also blog posts, comments on other's blog posts, forum posts on Mac related sites, and messages or comments to Mac media sites are great too!

Comments

• papageno
    edited December 1969
    I think I will write a review soon and post it to our local MUG website. Might get you some new clients, we have thousands of users.

Before writing the review, I will use 1Password a bit longer, purchased it recently. The reason was simple: missed my forum logins in iPhone. Saw free app. Tested, bought a licence. Giving away free app for iPhone definitely worked in my case.

I think my review will be quite favourable.
  • Carl
    Carl
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    papageno wrote:
    I think I will write a review soon and post it to our local MUG website. Might get you some new clients, we have thousands of users.

Before writing the review, I will use 1Password a bit longer, purchased it recently. The reason was simple: missed my forum logins in iPhone. Saw free app. Tested, bought a licence. Giving away free app for iPhone definitely worked in my case.

I think my review will be quite favourable.

Thanks, we appreciate it.
  • papageno
    edited December 1969
    Here it is.

A positive review of 1Password. We have thousands of users visiting EMUG forum, it is quite busy...
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    papageno wrote:
    Here it is.

A positive review of 1Password. We have thousands of users visiting EMUG forum, it is quite busy...

Thanks for the link and the review! Unfortunately, I don't read Estonian and Google Translate doesn't either. :( Do you have an English translation?
  • RobbinS
    RobbinS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Please let me know if you create a Facebook Page as I will support it and brag on the product.
  • Carl
    Carl
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    RobbinS wrote:
    Please let me know if you create a Facebook Page as I will support it and brag on the product.

We have a Facebook presence here:

http://www.facebook.com/1Password
  • I like referring 1Password to my workmates.
  • Sorry I forgot something. When I was referring 1Password, I was asked how I know that you guys don't have a backdoor to the keychain somehow or something like that. I mumbled something about open source and the internetworks would be in a rage if that were the case, but then I read that even with open source, you have to be able to review the code yourself to verify what's in it. Anywho, I hope that's not rude of me to bring up, but could I reiterate that question so I could provide an answer?

forumboy wrote:

I like referring 1Password to my workmates.
  • macpug
    macpug
    Community Member
    forumboy wrote:

Sorry I forgot something. When I was referring 1Password, I was asked how I know that you guys don't have a backdoor to the keychain somehow or something like that. I mumbled something about open source and the internetworks would be in a rage if that were the case, but then I read that even with open source, you have to be able to review the code yourself to verify what's in it. Anywho, I hope that's not rude of me to bring up, but could I reiterate that question so I could provide an answer?

No worries at all, and please don't think it's rude to bring it up. I think the answers you might be looking for to share with your workmates is contained in a document we published that talks about our security features, including the absence of "back doors", the open source OpenSSL, and more. You can read about it here: How Secure is 1Password?
    I hope that helps, and thanks again for recommending us :)
  • Definitely! This is such a great app and I am totally loving it. Will spread it through social media sites and also through the word of mouth. Thanks for the great app!

Cheers,
    Vincent
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thank you kindly, Vincent! We really appreciate having great users like you! :-)
This discussion has been closed.