App doesn't run on new software

JPeter
JPeter
Community Member

I have upgraded to iOS 9.01 on my iPhone 6 and WatchOS 2 on my Apple Watch
The software will not open on the watch and simply continues to try to load.

Comments

• wongmwy
    wongmwy
    Community Member

My Apple Watch only displays one Evernote items though I have two. One credit card number is shown but not the other one. Above all, definitely NOT "Logins, Passwords, Credit Cards, and Secure Notes are all fair game to add to Apple Watch" as the newsletter claims. I am just puzzled why a few items can be "Added to Apple Watch" while mostly others cannot.

• @JPeter

I have upgraded to iOS 9.01 on my iPhone 6 and WatchOS 2 on my Apple Watch

The software will not open on the watch and simply continues to try to load.

I'm sorry to hear this. One thing to try is to restart both the iPhone and the Apple Watch, as that may restore whatever communication hiccup is happening between the two devices.

@wongmwy

I am just puzzled why a few items can be "Added to Apple Watch" while mostly others cannot.

We have to create a bunch of templates for each item type to display on the Watch. That's why we initially limited our types to Logins, Credit Cards, Secure Notes, and Passwords. We've since also added Passports, Driver's Licenses, Social Security Numbers, Wireless Routers, and Bank Accounts.

It is good to note that you must tap the Add to Apple Watch button on each item you wish to add to 1Password for Apple Watch.

• JPeter
    JPeter
    Community Member

Restart
    What is this 1976?

• wongmwy
    wongmwy
    Community Member

One of my question is: why only a few of the many logins has the option "Add to Apple Watch". Why? What is the criteria adopted?

• @JPeter

Restart
    What is this 1976?

While I understand the sentiment, it's amazing what issues a device restart fixes these days. Especially with wireless communications.

@wongmwy

One of my question is: why only a few of the many logins has the option "Add to Apple Watch". Why? What is the criteria adopted?

Each and every Login item should have an Add to Apple Watch button. There's no other criteria than whether the category type is supported or not.

• JPeter
    JPeter
    Community Member

1976 - some of us can still remember that the answer to EVERY cry for help was to restart.
    I fully appreciate that it can indeed work but firstly I think most people would try this before logging into a help forum. More importantly, as I described earlier, I have fully installed new operating systems on both devices, so a restart was an integral part of the process. Regardless, I have restarted both and still have a problem which requires something more than a "restart"..

• @JPeter Thanks for giving it a shot. We have seen post-installation restarts help a lot of folks, and that is why it is one of our first steps at troubleshooting right now. Device restarts also prompt iOS to do some routine maintenance such as cache clearing, which can be very helpful.

Let's start going through the rest of the checklist. Try each of these and see if they help.

• Using the Watch app on the iPhone and remove 1Password for Apple Watch.
    • Open 1Password for iPhone and tap Settings > Apple Watch and toggle the switch off, then back on. Set a PIN code if prompted.
    • Going back to the Watch app, re-install 1Password for Apple Watch.
    • After you see 1Password on your Apple Watch, tap it and see if it will now launch.
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JPeter: Personally, I had to do this with every app after updating to watchOS 2.0. Definitely annoying, as we may feel entitled to everything magically working here in the 21st century...but of course this is not always the case. I try to remember all of the amazing things that do happen to work for me at any given time to lower my blood pressure. :lol:

If you're still having trouble after trying what chrisdj suggested above (as I did), please check out my post in a previous discussion, as it has a fairly exhaustive list of the steps I took to finally get apps working on my Watch. Either way, let us know how it turns out! :pirate:

This discussion has been closed.