Help restoring logins/passwords please!

Kevinr14
Kevinr14
Community Member

Last night, Tmobile made me factory reset my android (LG g3) phone and assured me all app data is backed up on my gmail account and I would not lose anything. After my factory reset, 1password has no logins! I did save a copy of the com.agilebits.onepassword folder from the android data folder. Please tell me I can restore my logins from the data in that folder!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Kevinr14. Sorry to hear about your lost data! Let's see if we can recover it.

Before resetting your app, did you configure sync with Dropbox or local storage? Also, are you syncing with any other devices? If so, let us know which other devices you're syncing with, and if your vault is up-to-date there.

If you were syncing with Dropbox or local storage, 1Password will have created a folder with a .agilekeychain suffix. This folder contains all of your vault data (not the com.agilebits.onepassword folder you mentioned). Unfortunately, most backup services that I've found do not actually back up all data from your device. I'm not sure what T-Mobile's backup service backs up exactly, but I have used a few services (such as Kies and Wirefly) and neither backs up all system data. Unfortunately it sounds like this may be the case here.

Please search your backup for a folder ending in .agilekeychain. Also, if you have Dropbox, check your Dropbox folder for any 1Password.agilekeychain folders as well.

Let us know what you find out!

• Kevinr14
    Kevinr14
    Community Member

I did actually copy a folder named 1Password.agilekeychain before resetting my device....so I can restore my logins from this?

• Kevinr14
    Kevinr14
    Community Member

I was able to sync the existing vault by using this folder! I am so relieved I had the common sense to copy that folder manually before factory resetting.

Thank you for your help, where can I find information on syncing my logins with the windows app?

• Yay! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to restore your data! :lol:

Now let's get your Android syncing with your Windows device. I take it that you configured sync with local storage on the Android in order to use that .agilekeychain folder, correct? Or is the .agilekeychain in Dropbox?

If you're syncing with local storage, you'll need to manually copy your vault onto the PC. I recommend using WiFi or Dropbox instead, in order to keep the devices actually syncing with each other.

Here's instructions for configuring sync between Windows and Android:
    Windows - https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/sync-options
    Android - https://support.1password.com/guides/android/sync.html

Please be aware that it's not currently possible to reconfigure sync on Android without resetting the app. Once you have your data safe and sound in 1Password on your PC, you can go into your Android device Settings > Applications > 1Password, and clear 1Password's app data in order to wipe the app and reconfigure sync with WiFi or Dropbox. **This will delete all 1Password data from your Android, so please make sure your data is backed up on the PC before clearing the data on Android. **

Let us know if you have any trouble with this or any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.