When editing logins every field becomes blanked out (not really, just the text is white)

I have waited to report this - but it has been a problem for a long while. When on my Mac with 1Password, if I edit any login and click into any field, the field appears to go blank - it isn't, the text is merely white for the majority of fields, however, the password field is different (I'm guessing you used a secure password field so it is responding differently, but still a mess and unusable).

Happy to provide a short video or image.
Thank you,
Paul

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:visual problem during edit

Comments

• Hi @pableau,

What versions of OS X have you had this issue with? I ask as if you're indeed running 10.11 that means you're running a beta of El Capitan but you're attempting to use a version of 1Password that we really last updated in 2012 or 2013 depending on how you define an update.

If you create a test account and install a fresh copy of 1Password 3 for Mac and you see the same issue using a brand new vault then there is the distinct possibility that we're looking at a significant rendering issue. The problem is 1Password 3 is no longer in active development. I haven't tried El Capitan yet, I just haven't had the time so I don't know how 1Password 3 works. I know over the various versions of OS X and browsers that we've lost certain functionality. If El Capitan has made sweeping changes it might be 1Password 3's era is almost at an end.

Of course it might not be. If the issue is somehow specific to your machine or setup then we can try and figure out why. That's partly what the idea of a test OS X user account with a fresh copy of application and vault are for, to see if we can determine where the problem is.

• pableau
    pableau
    Community Member

Hello! I created a test account and installed 1Password fresh on the test account. Yes, I am on El Capitan, latest beta, so I realize it is not supported per se.

I see the same behavior on that new test account.

It isn't a crisis - since I can work around it with copy/paste into and out of the fields - but obviously anyone running this version when El Capitan goes live may generate quite a support burden on your part!

Thanks for the response. Let me know if you need me to do any additional poking around to see if I can help figure this out.

Thanks again.

• Greetings @pableau,

Thank for you taking the time to test that. Given we're so close to the release of El Capitan this might be time called on the old stalwart that is 1Password 3. You're right, if this all is the same once El Capitan is public I would not be surprised at a spike in queries.

This discussion has been closed.