I cannot save a login using Windows on princess.com

I am setting up 1Password on Windows (and iPhone) for my 80 year old mother. For princess.com, I cannot save the login (the Internet Explorer extension does not prompt me to save), and if I save it manually, it won't fill out the form. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.6.0.586
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:princess.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015

@irvlustig: I hope you don't mind, but I've moved this discussion to the browser filling category of the forums since it's a cross-platform issue, rather than one limited strictly to Windows. I know you mentioned login saving and filling on Windows specifically, but I want to make sure we address that on iOS too — especially since it may help others in the future! :)

Unfortunately 1Password isn't able to interact at all with the weird popup thing they're doing...but if you use the direct URL for the login form to save and fill it will work (using either 1Password for Windows or 1Password for iOS:

In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form (even better using the 1Password browser extension on the computer, if that is an option for you). Just try these steps to save the login manually using 1Password for Windows:

1. Navigate to the website: https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/renderQLForm.page
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

And you can also do this in 1Password for iOS as well, if you'd rather save it there:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon (or the Share button, to use the extension in Safari) to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap the URL in your new login item to have 1Password fill it
    7. Tap the "Sign in"/"Log in" button to submit the form

Interestingly, the site seems to limit the password to 8 characters :scream:, so be sure to update it to use a randomly generated password so that it is at least harder to guess! :lol:

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• irvlustig
    irvlustig
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. I was able to successfully save the login from the page you gave, but my 80-year old mother will get confused when she tries to log in. After you log in on the page you gave using the 1Password extension, the same page comes back up with the login information ready to fill in. If I then go to princess.com, it shows she is logged in. Any way to make this easier?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@irvlustig: Unfortunately nothing we can do on our end, as this is simply the way the website is designed, with the odd popover login window. I grabbed the direct URL for that window to make logging in easier for you, but making navigating the site itself easier isn't something 1Password can do. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. :(

This discussion has been closed.