Master Password dropdown doesn't go away in version 3.8.21 for Lion.

I get a a drop down menu. I enter the Master Password. I press the unlock button. The drop down does not disappear. What is the work around? Please see the attached image file.
Thank you, Ivan Craig

1Password Version: 3
Extension Version: 8.21
OS Version: OS X 10.7.5
Sync Type: Google Chrome plug-in
Referrer: forum-search:Master Password dropdown doesn't go away in version 3.8.21 for Lion.

Comments

• Hi @hrandiac,

I notice there is a little red exclamation mark on the 1Password Chrome Extension icon. The only times I've ever seen that is when the extension cannot connect to the 1Password helper so I'm suspecting that what you're seeing is because the extension cannot unlock.

Does the issue persist after a reboot and is Chrome waiting to install an update to itself at all?

• hrandiac
    hrandiac
    Community Member

I have restarted Lion and and relaunched Chrome and Safari-6.1.6. I open the 1Password Master button. Please see attached image.

I enter the master password and the button below starts counting the connections. It does not unlock. In either browser.
    Chrome indicates that it is up to date at version 45.0.2454.101 (64bit).
    I notice when I attach an image to this comment in Chrome a window pops up telling I do not have permission to do that. See attachment 2.

The issue does persist. I do not know what to do next.

Sincerely, Ivan

• Hi @hrandiac,

It seems the extensions have become disconnected from 1Password 3.

Now the reboot should have restarted 1PasswordAgent but just in case I'd like you to shut down all of your browsers and use the following menu option in 1Password 3, the menu option is Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper. Now when you launch one of your browsers does the extension successfully connect to 1Password?

If it doesn't I'd like you to send us in a diagnostic report. Before we continue I want to make sure that you don't have anything stored exclusively in one of the extensions that we need to recover.

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.