1Password breaks reset password on opsm.com.au

Hi,

Open Chrome on OS X and:

1- Go to opsm.com.au
2- Create an account (and do not save it in 1Password)
3- Logout
4- Go to login screen
5- Ask for a password reminder/reset link
6- Go back to your email and click on the link
7- Update your password
8- The 1Password dialog box pops up
9 - Save the site
10- No matter how many times you click to save your new password, it doesn't get saved

Now disable 1Password and go to the password reset page again. Everything works flawlessly.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @BeOS,

So rather nicely my main machine also runs 1Password 5.3 (Mac App Store) and OS X 10.10.5 so I set about following the steps you laid out. By the way, they were quite detailed so thank you.

You're quite right, our JavaScript is somehow interfering with the site's JavaScript and causing the action of clicking on the button to not make it to the right places. We've seen something like this before and if it's similar then it might be a timing issue. From the small amount of testing just now I can tell the devs will love this one given you have to reset the password after each successful save to continue testing :tongue:

Thankfully it isn't the login page which would have been significantly more annoying. Don't get me wrong, this clearly needs fixed but typically you visit the reset password page once while you will likely want to log into the site more frequently.

ref: OPX-1056

• BeOS
    BeOS
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

Hi,

I used to be a 1Password user. Then I switched to a "cheaper" alternative that was working fine, but had a very ugly interface.

Even though it was ugly, it worked fine almost all the time – I can't remember an instance when it didn't.

But I wanted to come back to the beautiful UI of 1Password and now I see it has issues like this. :smile:

So it would be highly appreciated if this issue could be fixed.

Also I think 1Password interfered with and broke a few other sites too but this is the one that was easy to reproduce and made me write about it here. :smile:

Thanks,
    Be

• Hi @BeOS,

The issue is logged and we will look into it as soon as possible. We'd appreciate knowing about any site where you find we interfere as that's definitely not good.

This discussion has been closed.