Autologin not working

Safari Version 5.0.4 on a Mac
1Password - Latest stable.

Autologin isn't and has never worked in the last week since I bought it.

Help!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, PC Support. I'm sorry that you are having trouble filling logins in Safari using 1Password's browser extension.

Does the 1P button show up for you in Safari's toolbar?

If not, please take a look at our troubleshooting guide which contains the most common solutions to the problem.

If you press ⌘\ on your keyboard when you are viewing a login page, is your login not being filled?

Please let me know. I would love to resolve this for you.
  • Hello and thanks for the reply.

Yes, the 1P icon appears and yes, pressing the key combo auto fills and logs me in.

Auto submit is enabled but just doesn't work.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Yes, the 1P icon appears and yes, pressing the key combo auto fills and logs me in.

Please help me understand the problem, PC Support. From your words I have set in bold above, it sounds as though 1Password is behaving as expected. If autosubmit is not working, you would not be logged into the site after 1Password fills the form.

Are you perhaps referring to the sort of autofill behavior which browsers' built-in password managers exhibit? Your login credentials will not be filled (or submitted) until and unless you either select the login from the 1P toolbar button menu or press ⌘\ on your keyboard. Autofill (with no user interaction) is not currently supported in 1Password, but we are considering it in a future release.

You might consider using 1Password's Go & Fill feature and 1-Click Bookmarks.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood.
  • Ah, I appear to have misunderstood what the software is capable of.

Is autofill planned for the near future?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Ah, I appear to have misunderstood what the software is capable of.

No worries. I'm glad that things are at least working as designed (if not as expected).

Is autofill planned for the near future?

We try not to pre-announce features since any number of factors beyond our control can change our roadmap at any time (including some recent iPad 2 issues we were not expecting to have to handle), but autofill is certainly on our radar!

Cheers,
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    It is possible with 3rd party software, namely a program called Quicksilver. So instead of using Safari's adress bar for searching login bookmarks or the Go & Fill-action in the 1P-button you can just open Quicksilver, begin to type the name of the bookmark and press enter (you dont have to type the whole name). Then if auto-submit is turned on you will login instantly. The point of QS of course is that using the keyboard is much faster than using your mouse or trackpad. You can also reveal any given login in the 1Password application with Quicksilver.

And yes, it is free software. So no reason not to try. :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the suggestion, Xe997!

It is no replacement for autofill since Quicksilver still requires you to manually invoke it, but perhaps it will come in handy in the mean time for some folks. :-)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, Xe997!

It is no replacement for autofill since Quicksilver still requires you to manually invoke it, but perhaps it will come in handy in the mean time for some folks. :-)

Hopefully, when they try it they will discover the many other uses of Quicksilver, like app launching, folder and file-copying/moving/trashing/compressing, menu items accessing, iTunes controlling etc. Then the invoking of QS with command space will be like a reflex. And command space is just as many buttons to press as cmd L to focus on Safari's adress bar. :)

Anyway, this is after all the 1Password forum and not the QS one so if someone want some help getting 1Password working with QS you could just visit http://groups.google.com/group/blacktree-quicksilver/topics :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks again! I know of lot of folks really swear by Quicksilver. I'm glad development is still going for it.

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread topic. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.