Folders and tags not syncing correctly - iOS9

Options
CyberNaruto
CyberNaruto
Community Member
edited September 2015 in iOS

What is the method for resetting sync? I've recently upgraded all my devices to ios9 (clean install) and after restoring all my apps when i went to resync my 1password vault like before only some of the folders/tags synced with a giant scrollable whitespace at the end :/ (and yes i've deleted the app and downloaded it from the appstore already T_T)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @CyberNaruto,

Just to be clear, are you having an issue with your data in the Windows version of 1Password or just the iOS devices only? The reason I'm asking is because you've posted in the Windows forum and your post doesn't meant anything about a computer, just iOS devices.

Try this first on Windows, open the main 1Password program and go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault, see if that works to restore the folders.

Tags would not show up in the sidebar on Windows. Instead, go to the search field and press ALT+Down to find your tags.

If nothing helps, could you present a screenshot of the giant scrollable whitespace you were referring to.

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

upon clicking repair it says it's healthy. I've noticed this seems to happen when i wipe and restore my ios devices (from my windows pc) and a preview of the whitespace is attached. as you can (or can't i should have added borders as it's blending in with the forum white) i can scroll all the way to the bottom and only a few tags show up and the rest is whitespace.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CyberNaruto: Very strange. It sounds like something isn't restoring properly to your device — perhaps due to changes in the beta. If you re-sync the data does it appear correctly again? Also, which sync method are you using? Thanks! :)

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

actually i'm on ios 9.0 GM and no resyncing just updates new entries (password, logins, etc) it's just the tags & folders that seem to have a problem and as usual i only use wifi sync (no nsa friendly dropbox for me >.>") and this is actually been around since the last time i had problems with folders (which you and other staff helped me with) like in that other thread my ipod had problems with the folders and tags while my iphone and ipad synced all the folders and tags perfectly this is actually similar to back then where only a few folders and tags would sync and after that it's just scrollable whitespace (as if something is there but it's not being rendered/drawn on screen? o.O) and now both my ipod and iphone (ios9 GM) both have the whole folder/tags sync problem while my ipad (ios 8.3) is perfectly fine with folders and tags so since this has been around for a while i don't think it's something with ios changes o.O (or could it...)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CyberNaruto: I think you mean GM candidate. The final release should include some additional fixes tomorrow. If not, well...I'm not sure I'll be updating the rest of my devices tomorrow then. :lol:

Does this happen with any tags and folders, or just specific ones? For instance, if you create a new folder/tag (both on iOS and Windows), does that display correctly? Since this appears to be an iOS issue, I'm going to relocate this discussion to that category so it will get more attention from the iOS team. Please let me know what you find!

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

ah you're right, i just got 20-40mb updates ota to the final version :3
    and it seems to be specific ones, i can create a new one in windows and all the tags will disappear except the new one i made :/

• Hi @CyberNaruto,

Have you updated to 1Password 6 for iOS? From your screenshot it appears not. 1Password 6 for iOS is designed for iOS 9.

Thanks!

Ben

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

I've upgraded i just have to sync again to see if it's fixed in the new version

• Thanks. Please let us know how it turns out. :)

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    Options

i've tried and it's the same outcome :( i upgraded my windows version as well today to the recently released 1password and even uninstalled the ios app and reinstalled it, it syncs everything else perfectly except folders and tags, the ones that were there before uninstalling the app come back after syncing but only a partial list of the tags and folders :/

• Hi @CyberNaruto,

I've just looked all through our bug tracker and I didn't find any bugs that match the description you're giving here, unfortunately. I think at this point it would be helpful to see a diagnostic report from each device:

iOS: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html
    Windows: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the entire file for each to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• CyberNaruto
    CyberNaruto
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

i spoke too soon now all three aren't syncing folders correctly T_T anyway i sent the report (after syncing) from my win 8.1 laptop, my iphone 6+ (ios 9.0.1), my ipad (ios 8.4.1) and i'll send one from my ipod touch (ios 9.0.1) tomorrow. and i hope i did't create excessive reports but here are the support id's i received:
    [#JCA-64486-571] (windows)
    [#NAU-16882-223] (ipad)
    [#JXS-89812-553] (Iphone 6+)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CyberNaruto: I'm sorry that you're still having this issue! Thanks so much for sending those. I see that we're in touch via email, so I'll close this discussion and we can continue the conversation there. The tickets have been merged to avoid any confusion. We'll get to the bottom of this!

ref: JCA-64486-571

This discussion has been closed.