I have version 3.9.20 for mac. Having problems with the program. Can I talk to someone?

I downloaded 3.9.20 and have it installed on my iMac. I never purchased it but would like to purchase the correct version of the program so that I can have support for some issues I'm having. Can I speak to someone about the best way to do this given that I already have it installed?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:upgrade-license

Comments

• Greetings @gsswillemdan,

So you've stated that you're running OS X 10.9 AKA Mavericks. Now the newest version that will run on Mavericks is 1Password 4. Now we don't actually sell a 1Password 4 licence in our store but a 1Password 5 licence for Mac will allow you to run 1Password 5, 4 or even 3 depending on what version of OS X you're running. Now our store is at AgileBits Store and that's where you would go to purchase the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac (or Windows).

Now if you believe in the not too distant future that you will upgrade to either Yosemite or El Capitan and that you might want to start using iCloud Sync then it gets a bit more complicated. Only the Mac App Store version of 1Password for Mac can access iCloud Drive but the Mac App Store won't let you purchase 1Password 4 for Mac. There is a way around this which we can cover if you believe this could be something important.

Can we learn more about the issues that you're experiencing first though, I'd like to make sure you are happy with 1Password should you decide to purchase rather than feeling you have to purchase to ask us something :smile:

• gsswillemdan
    gsswillemdan
    Community Member

When I launch the application, it cannot find its data file. However with the extension running in Safari all of the passwords appear to be there. Also there is a red number one over the icon in the browser. System Information

System time 2015-9-30 : 16:55:51
    Browser version Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/600.8.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.8 Safari/537.85.17
    1Password Extension Information

Extension version 3.9.20 (release notes)
    Database created at 2011-11-12 : 3:53:23
    Instance UUID dcd654f0...323D
    Uptime (mins) 300
    1Password Helper Information

Connection status Not Connected
    Last Sync Error
    1Password Helper version undefined (undefined)
    Heart beat interval (sec) 20
    Heart beat acknowledged No
    Number of heart beats 0
    Round trip elapse time (ms)
    Data update in progress No
    Last data update completed at NaN-NaN-NaN : NaN:NaN:NaN
    Data update elapse time (ms) N/A
    1Password Extension Settings

Autosave enabled YES
    Autosubmit enabled NO
    Universal Unlock enabled YES
    Conceal Passwords YES
    Avoid Autosave on Domains ""

• gsswillemdan
    gsswillemdan
    Community Member

I would really like to purchase the proper version for my iMac and then do a fresh install while retaining my existing passwords. How can I do this?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gsswillemdan,

Given the complexity involved I've just emailed you directly, you should have an email in your inbox already from us. As we're now discussing this via email I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any further questions or issues please do post.

ref: WJH-58396-478

This discussion has been closed.