Logins not being saved in correct folder

jjstipe
jjstipe
Community Member

When I save a password and choose a folder, the app puts the login in the folder immediately previous to the folder I chose. This seems to occur on folders lower in alphabetical order that I have to scroll to.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Folders

Comments

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

Purchased: 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) Mac App Store

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Deleted

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

I think I found the problem. A folder was created in the app but is not showing in the picker. See attached. The "Microsoft" folder is not showing in the picker. This is causing all the folders below it in the picker to be off by one. How to fix?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jjstipe,

Hmm, that's definitely a strange problem! I'm sorry you're having trouble saving a new Login to a certain folder.

In your first post, you said you're using version 5.3.2, which is the latest release of the AgileBits Store version. But in your next message, you said you bought the Mac App Store version. I saw in another thread that you asked about switching from one to the other, and that's no problem at all - the reason I ask is because if you currently have both the AgileBits Store and Mac App Store versions installed on the same Mac, that might cause some issues (although I don't know if that would have anything to do with the folder issue you described). So just to clarify, do you have both installed on the same Mac? If not, which one is currently installed, and is the problem happening in that version?

Now as far as the problem saving a Login to a folder, I haven't actually been able to reproduce that myself. Can you please let us know the exact steps you're taking? The more details you can give us about that, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

I only have 1 version installed: 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) Mac App Store

This problem goes back to when I first set it up. No matter what I do to create that folder, it doesn't show up in the picker. I have another Microsoft folder in the root folder. Would that be causing an issue. One folder is for work and the other is personal.

To create the folder, I highlight "Indiana" and then choose New Folder.

When I add a new login, I use the picker in the create box.

I'm not doing anything too complicated.

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

"I have another Microsoft folder in the root folder. Would that be causing an issue."

Looks like I resolved my own issue. I renamed the folder that was missing to something unique within the app and it then showed up in the picker. I then recreated a login lower in the tree than the folder that was previously missing, picked a folder for it from the create box and it was then saved in the correct folder.

Looks like you can't have folders named the same even if they are in a different portion of the tree.

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jjstipe,

I'm glad you were able to identify the issue. It is something that we are aware of and has been fixed in the latest beta, so you should see the fix when we release our next stable version.

This discussion has been closed.