firefox code signature won't verify with latest update of both

Just as an FYI
firefox code signature wouldn't verify with latest update of both 1pw and ff
I had to shut down everything and rebooted , and it worked
Unnerving
Win7/FF 41.0.1
1pw 4.6.0.585
I have been getting frequent errors in loading 1PW on my windows machine, resolved in a similar way.

stable on iOs and Mac versions without problems but iOs sometimes updates in a way I am not clear on
seeming to not have updated files at times that then appear.

No total crashes , but I am totally spooked , having lost a password program and it's encoded files in the past (not 1PW)
and had to restart from scratch , when an update re coded files to new format and wouldn't load back ups
or allow older program version to be restored . This has made me reluctant to update programs, for fear of recurrence.

Is there a reference to a bombproof restoration strategy you could recommend ? other than a hard copy?
I live in terror of a backup corruption, program lockout.
(I have big issues with the 1PW-WIN printing function,
It seems to save PRN files in unecoded fashion, and is hard to select files/PW to print (all or one, not some in a list)
I like 1pw3 mac and have had trouble since it moved to 1pw4-mac)

can you point me toward a backup and editing procedure?
i have been doing it on the fly too much and need to get standardized
1pwmac is soooo much nicer, integration of the platforms is a bear, ne c'est pas.

Thanks

1Password Version: 1pw 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: win 7 pro
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Iwouldrathernot,

firefox code signature wouldn't verify with latest update of both 1pw and ff

The code signature is a security check we do to make sure Firefox is signed by Mozilla and wasn't modified by anyone else.

Sometimes, that code signature check breaks if the browser was in the middle of being updated or has been updated but not all files were updated right away. If Windows were holding on to some outdated files, that could break the check.

That's why rebooting can work or simply restarting Firefox should be enough.

I have been getting frequent errors in loading 1PW on my windows machine, resolved in a similar way.

That's definitely not good, you should not be getting any errors. Can you tell us if you've emailed us the error reports or just emailed us in general?

I checked our email support and the last email we got from you was over 2 years ago, so I don't see any recent emails from you. If you did email us, let me know.

No total crashes , but I am totally spooked , having lost a password program and it's encoded files in the past (not 1PW)

I do apologize about this and you are right to be concerned, after all 1Password is storing your sensitive information. We'll help you get this resolved and make sure 1Password is properly configured and working fine.

Is there a reference to a bombproof restoration strategy you could recommend ? other than a hard copy?

1Password automatically backs up your 1Password data daily if there are changes made to it. I'd recommend reading our guide here, https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/backup-tab, to make sure 1Password is configured to back up your data properly.

(I have big issues with the 1PW-WIN printing function,

1Password does not have support for printing on Windows. What issues are you seeing?

It seems to save PRN files in unecoded fashion, and is hard to select files/PW to print (all or one, not some in a list)

Please give us more details about how are you trying to print this data since we do not allow you to print out your data within 1Password for Windows and we'll explain what's going on.

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

thanks

I had not used file printing for 1pw win for a while, as it was hard to use.
    possibly what I was using was phased out.
    I don't recall what I was trying at the time, it was several versions back
    i may have been reduced to screengrabs for the 1pw-win, sorry can't be precise,just remember it was problematic
    1pw mac3 was the best for printing, but it seems to no longer open the files.

I recognize that there are security risks an vulnerabilities in printing, as most printing systems weren't set up to be secure

I have been printing from 1pw mac and really like its change/edit log.
    I have had problems selecting from a list of searched/sorted files to print.
    It seems it is the whole list or a single file, no "selected files" option

when I am trying to eliminate duplicates and archive older data/passwords,
    I would try and compare several files/notes logins to
    consolidate and printouts were the most convenient way to compare files .

I will try to get some screen grabs if I get errors on loading in the future.
    They were pretty self limited, and it is hard to record/explore and fix at the same time.
    possibly the errors were self corrected file errors or loading errors without errors in the files themselves
    . Just spooky to have happen.

I just need to make sure I have a solid backup/restore plan that is testable.

I know nothing is perfect, 1PW is solid , things just keep getting more complex.
    and I have my eggs in one basket.

Thanks again
    you guys are clearly establishing the value in your product and its support.

Richard

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @Iwouldrathernot ,

This converter can print your selected items. The stock print format is designed to be condensed, but it can be customized. It can be used on both OS X and Windows. Here is a sample.

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

appreciate your help and the link to an example
    I had seen your print tool
    seems good for backup, but for editing, the compactness makes it a bit hard to read
    compared to the screen layouts I got used to with prior programs and 1PW MAC
    I end up with pasting into Word , just one at a time, or group them for a sort the 1PW MAC
    can work with
    sort of a lot of steps and leaves non secured files all over
    thanks again

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@Iwouldrathernot ,

It is easy to change the format of the output. What would you like?

This discussion has been closed.