1PWW does not work on brand new MBP

CharPatton
CharPatton
Community Member

Hi:

I have your wonderful program and just bought a new mac to replace my 6 yo MBP17. My new laptop is a MPP13 Retina. I used the Migration Assistant to transfer all the code on the MBP 17 to the MBP13Retina. Most things work fine, but 1Password does not recognize the password, even tho the license is recognized and the sync points to the correct place on Dropbox. The PW works just fine when I logon from my work computer. Dropbox works like it should in other ways.

1PWW (Mac App store) v 5.3.2, OS 10.10.5

Thank you so much for your assistance and your great program!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CharPatton: Sorry for the trouble! There are really only two reasons that a Master Password won't work: the vault is damaged, or the Master Password doesn't match.

For that second one, if the wrong vault was sent over by Migration Assistant, then that would explain why they don't match, where you're able to unlock it on other devices. Did you have multiple vaults in the first place? If you have all your data on another device, it may be simplest to start over on that Mac and then just sync your 1Password vault over from Dropbox. Please let me know what you find! :)

• CharPatton
    CharPatton
    Community Member

Hi Brenty: Thanks for quick reply. 1Password works as it always did on both work and home computers, so hopefully the vault is not damaged. How do I get the new MBP to accept the vault in Dropbox? I'm just using 1 vault as far as I know. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CharPatton: It sounds like you're only using 1Password on a few Macs. Is that correct? If so, it will be pretty simple to check this to be sure:

1. Open 1Password on each Mac
    2. Go to Preferences > Sync
    3. Note the vault path shown there (or take a screenshot)

If you can tell me the sync path to the vault on each Mac, it should reveal if they are all pointing to the same thing, or if there are one or more misfits. Thanks in advance! :)

• CharPatton
    CharPatton
    Community Member

Just sent you an e-mail with screenshots since there is some private info in them. The paths look the same to my untrained eye, so I am baffled.

I realize just how much I depend upon and use 1PWW when I can't use it :)

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CharPatton,

Thanks for following up with screenshots. To avoid confusion and/or duplicated efforts, let's continue the conversation via email and close this thread for now. We'll keep working with you via email to get 1Password up and running on your new laptop. Thanks!

ref: GCF-18384-886

• CharPatton
    CharPatton
    Community Member

Hi: This link was closed for discussion, but I have not heard anything by e-mail. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/237609#Comment_237609

ref: GCF-18384-886

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CharPatton,

We did receive your email with the diagnostics and someone will be contacting you there as soon as possible. I've merged your new thread with this original one since they're both about the same issue.

Thanks for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.