1Password5(Mac) synced to Android. If I erase Mac will password data on Android be erased?

Clampetskc
Clampetskc
Community Member

Just synced Mac to Android. Worked great.
I need to erase my Mac. If I do so will the Android pass data also be erased?
Can I transfer the data from the android to a new Mac without Dropbox or another device?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:delete desktop does it erase my mobile data?

Comments

• saad
    edited September 2015

It depends on whether you have sync enabled on your Android device. 1Password on Android supports local storage sync, Wi-Fi sync and Dropbox sync. How are you currently syncing your Android and Mac?

Before formatting your Mac, I would recommend you configure local storage sync (if you haven’t already). This will generate a 1Password.agilekeychain, which is your data folder encrypted. You can restore from this data folder using 1Password and all of your items will be there!

Mac:

https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/sync-folder.html

I would also recommend performing a backup manually by choosing File > Backup inside 1Password. Then, find where the backup files are kept, select 1Password > Preferences > Backups and click Show Files. Be sure to backup your backups! They come handy when things go wrong. :)

• Bonprib02
    Bonprib02
    Community Member

Is there a very easy step by step on how to** Import data from roboform into 1password? **

• Bonprib02
    Bonprib02
    Community Member

Is there a very easy step by step on how to** Import data from roboform into 1password? **I am running on an Android

• Unfortunately, there's no easy way to import your data from RoboForm to 1Password 4 for Android. However, if you have access to a Mac or PC, you can import your data by following these instructions.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

This discussion has been closed.