Not feeling too much confidence in it
I am a long time user of what is now known as PasswordsMax, and have been happy with it overall.
I have been looking for a way to keep track of one set of passwords, etcetera instead of trying to keep a desktop, netbook, and iPhone synced manually. I had looked at 1Password for the iPhone before; and decided to try the windows version. I downloaded it, tried it, seemed to work... and that's when the "fun" began. So, now that I've seen several issues today, I'm wondering if I can trust 1Password, as it is going to be keeping important passwords/info related to my business.
First.... the ordering. The order page does not display properly in Firefox. I had to switch IETab on in Firefox to place the order. Then, coming here to sign up in the Forums was the same.
There are multiple reasons I don't like to use IE. The forums and ordering should be Firefox compatible.
The real problem I had was in importing my current passwords from PasswordsMax into 1Password. The importing feature is SERIOUSLY FLAWED. Seriously. After spending a few hours, I have gained some insight into the importing process. The major problem with it is that it will skip entries in a random nature. Because of trying the import so many times, I can confirm it is random and not related to the data. I was importing 531 passwords and exported the title, user, password, and location. Upon import, I chose "Yes to All" and it counted through, reporting 270+ imported. But, the list showed 531. Looking through, I noticed groups of entries with missing passwords. Some with no data but the title. At first, I presumed it was some bad data in the CSV file. So, I checked it for errors. I tried again. The second time, it was different missing data while lots of the missed data from the first time was imported correctly. So, I looked at the data again; but couldn't find anything wrong.
About this time, the program crashed 3 times in succession while scrolling through the list to find the missing entries.
I tried different ways of importing. Choosing "Yes To All" seems to be the least reliable and caused the most misses. Choosing to approve each one by hitting "Y" got the best results on one attempt; missing about 30.
So, I finally settled on importing the full 531; deleting the missing entries, editing the CSV file to include only the missing entries, and importing those again. Which finally resulted in a full import. Then I had to go back and manually enter in the "Notes" fields, since the import dialog doesn't have an entry for importing into those fields.
Given the website issues, the importing issues, the crashing issue.... I'm not feeling very confident about the program reliability.