Bought a new laptop and want to use my license for v3.8.22,possible?

Hello,

I now have Yosemite on my new MacBook Pro laptop but can not figure how to install on it. I have my license number.

Thank you

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cammanned,

All you should need to do is download a copy of 1Password 3 from the Legacy section of our AgileBits Download page and move the 1Password application into your /Applications/ folder, unless I'm misunderstanding and the question is about how to migrate your vault from one Mac to another?

• cammanned
    cammanned
    Community Member

OK, I think I downloaded it successfully. But how do I get all my PWs from the old laptop onto the new one? Do I have to use iCloud? If so, how?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

@cammanned: Sorry for the confusion! 1Password 3 predates even the existence of iCloud, so that option isn't available there. However, you can use Dropbox to sync your 1Password data over, or — more simply — copy the .agilekeychain to your new Mac manually if you're not planing on using 1Password on the old one any longer:

1. Open Finder
    2. Go to your home folder
    3. Navigate to Library/Application Support/1Password/
    4. Copy the 1Password.agilekeychain over the network, or to a USB drive to move it to the other Mac

When you set up 1Password on the new Mac, just tell it you're an existing user, and then point it to the .agilekeychain vault you copied over. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.