Do I need to get a new 1password now that I have a Macbook?

Options
gingitsune
gingitsune
Community Member

I purchased 1password for both my windows laptop as well as my iPhone/ipad. Just got a new Macbook and was wondering if I needed to repurchase another 1password key for my Mac? In addition, can I transfer my vault over as well? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:Changing from windows to mac, kb:master-password-not-accepted

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You can certainly transfer or synchronize your vault among all those devices.

Since 1Password is sold on a per platform basis, you will need to buy another license for your new Mac, if you are willing to use Dropbox for syncing, you can get a discounted license for the Mac that would make your total outlay equivalent to the Mac-Windows bundle they sell. Just send email to support+licenses@agilebits.com with your request and your documentation of your Windows purchase.

Do be aware that iCloud can only be used for syncing if you buy the version sold by Apple in the Mac App Store. The AgileBits version can't use iCloud,owing to Apple's current policy about that. But if you plan to keep using your Windows device, you wouldn't be able to use iCloud anyway, so then, no loss.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gingitsune,

I hope hawkmoth's answer was helpful for you! If you decide to buy a license for the Mac version from our AgileBits Store, you can go to this site and enter your license code to see your discount and license options.

If you have more questions about that, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.