Cannot Sync - New Vault Greyed Out [install Dropbox]

kok
kok
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Mac

I have a Macbook Pro with El Capitan OS and 1Password 5.3.2 on Firefox and it is working fine. I got a Macbook Air with El Capitan and have installed 1Password 5.3.2 and also installed it on Firefox and I want to sync with the Macbook Pro. I have also installed dropbox and can open that up and see the following files;|
.ws.agile.1Password.settings
1Password.agilekeychain

When I click on the 1password icon in Firefox it simply says "(null) Vault" in the password field so I cannot open it. When I open 1Password from my applications folder the "New Vault" link is greyed out. When I open 1Password Preferences and click on the "Sync" field no vault shows up and there is no option to "choose Dropbox from the "Sync vault with" pop-up menu" as there is just nothing, no vault to choose from and no pop-up menu.

I am at a total loss, have been running around the houses for hours and to be honest I so wish there was someone to talk to, but here we go, please help me in this forum.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Someone from AgileBits will come along soon and help you. In the meantime, on just a wild hunch, is it possible that you have more than one copy of 1Password for Mac on the MacBook Air (for example, the Mac App Store version and the AgileBits store version)?

That's purely a stab in the dark so please don't despair if it's not the answer to the problem. :)

Stephen

• kok
    kok
    Community Member

Thank you Stephen for your effort here, but I have made sure that I only have one version of 1Password on the Macbook Air. However, you made me think that perhaps I have the one version on the Macbook Pro (which was downloaded from AgileBits) and another version on the Macbook Air, but alas they are both downloaded from the AgileBits website and both the same version with the same license. So once again thank you, but this angle seems not capable of solving the problem.

• kok
    kok
    Community Member

Well this is what I was not hoping for, going to get to sleep here shortly and nobody from AgileBits has replied. For me this is about as bad as customer service gets, you have paid good money for a product, it is in not working, you have time sensitive requirements to sort the problem and you simply cannot speak to or communicate with "support". I am sure I will get some answer from someone at some point, but even then if it is not an immediate answer I am looking at more time waiting for a reply and spending more time attempting to get to the bottom of it all.

• Hey @kok! Sorry for the delayed response, and thank you for including some great details in your post. At this point, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you!

• kok
    kok
    Community Member

Hello Penderworth, I have done precisely as you have requested above. Please confirm you have the report.

• kok
    kok
    Community Member

Excuse me I did not put a link to this thread but I did put the title of this thread as follows;
    Nightmare - Cannot Sync - New Vault Greyed Out - Is there any way to chat with support?

• Hey @kok. I've located your report and just sent a response. Please have a look and we can continue the conversation via email. Thanks!
    ref: JLD-34588-653

This discussion has been closed.