UserID

It works fine with Firefox and IE

Cheers,
Patrick

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Patrick, I'm not able to reproduce that problem.

As Stu mentioned, we'll be happy to look at a specific site or two, to see if we can figure out what's going wrong for you.
  • newbietoo
    newbietoo
    Community Member
    Oops, my last issue was Android and I neglected to shift gears...sorry about that!

Yes, I can set up a demo, but would naturally prefer to email rather that post login details. Can you give me an email address?

Also (a second issue); the Chrome version doesn't appear to navigate to a page i.e. you have to already be at the login page for it to work. Is that correct beaviour? Bit confusing as the different browser implementations exhibit different behaviour. I can figure it out OK, but I have no way of knowing what the scope of functionality should be.

Thanks
    Patrick
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    newbietoo wrote:

Yes, I can set up a demo, but would naturally prefer to email rather that post login details. Can you give me an email address?

Sorry for the confusion, Patrick. We're just asking for a URL or two where you're seeing the problem...at least to begin with.

Also (a second issue); the Chrome version doesn't appear to navigate to a page i.e. you have to already be at the login pag for it to work. Is that correct beaviour?

When you're not viewing the desired login page in Chrome, please try clicking on the 1Password "key" icon in the Chrome toolbar, clicking on the All Logins button, and selecting the Login for the site you want to visit. 1Password should open the corresponding login page and fill in (and optionally submit) your saved credentials.

Please let us know how it goes.

Bit confusing as the different browser implementations exhibit different behaviour.

I'll grant you that! :huh: You should see a continuing increase in similarities among the browser extensions in future releases of 1Password (both Mac and Windows editions).

Thanks for your patience!
  • newbietoo
    newbietoo
    Community Member
    edited April 2011
    Hi Dan,

Here's a URL: https://www.salesroad.com/login.html

As for the issue of opening the right page...it's slightly different today. I get to the page, but form fill doesn't happen with some pages e.g. the one I've mentioned above.

Strange, as yesterday, I couldn't get it to go the page either. So either 1P or Chrome must get into some state preventing that...yeah I know, that's not much use to you; you need to be able to reproduce the behaviour. I'll let you know when/if I get that again :) Meantime, what I've described above happens to me 10/10

Cheers,
    Patrick
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    newbietoo wrote:

Hi Dan,

If only I were Dan Brown...! :D

Here's a URL: https://www.salesroad.com/login.html

...I get to the page, but form fill doesn't happen with some pages e.g. the one I've mentioned above.

...what I've described above happens to me 10/10

Using the latest versions of Chrome, 1Password, and Windows 7, I just visited that URL, entered a fake domain, ID, and password, and clicked the "login" button; 1Password offered to save a new Login, which I accepted. (Of course, the login failed, as I don't have an account on that site.)

Then I visited the same URL again and pressed Ctrl+\; 1Password filled the form with the saved credentials. (I don't have "auto-submit" enabled for this test, becasue I know I won't be able to log in without an account.)

Then I went to a different site, so I could test the manual selection process: I clicked the 1Password "key" icon in the Chrome tool bar, clicked the All Logins button, and chose the saved Login item I had saved; 1Password sent Chrome to the correct URL and filled the form with the saved credentials.

You can watch all that happen in this short video: http://screencast.com/t/595N0zPSfSje

If my test differs significantly from your usage model, can you give us some more details so we can try to see the problem, too?

Thanks again, Patrick!
  • newbietoo
    newbietoo
    Community Member
    Hi David (sorry for calling you Dan; what was I thinking?)

Thanks, that helped. Now I'm understanding how 1P works I see it has the data in the wrong fields. See...

http://www.screencast.com/t/St28RpgXnGn

However that didn't occur to me originally as of course the logins worked fine in FF and IE; only Chrome has a problem. See...

http://screencast.com/t/xPlDurX8zBkm

That inconsistent browser behaviour again :)

And the data mis-allocation is no doubt due to my importing the logins from Roboform.

OK, now I can fix it

Thanks
    Patrick
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Hi, Patrick. I'm glad that helped!

One more thing to note is that, if you see the right value for a field, but the field is set to the wrong type or designation (like d set to username, uid set to password, and p set to none), you can simply edit the Login item, double-click on each field you want to change, and changed the Type and Designation values.

In that example, I'd probably set them up this way:

Name      Value       Type         Designation
    ----------------------------------------------
    d         ccg         text         none
    uid       yourID      text         username
    p         yourpwd     password     password

It may be easier to edit your existing Logins than to create new ones.

Another alternative would be to create a new Login, right in 1Password, with the correct Type and Designation values, and see if they work better. If so, you can delete the old ones.
  • newbietoo
    newbietoo
    Community Member
    edited April 2011
    David,

Ironically enough, I actually tried that and it didn't work (it then loads User ID into both the Domain and User ID fields). In fact my last post went into that...it asked if there was some way to change the 'other' designation to 'domain'. As I couldn't see how to change it I framed a post asking for more advice. However before actually posting it, I decided to experiment further...

I then discovered the 'replace saved login' feature so I decided the best way forward was to form fill with Roboform...replace saved login...fill next login with RF...replace saved login and so on :)

So as I then had a fix, I deleted the original post and replaced it with the one you see :)

Cheers
    Patrick

BTW Brent, we are developers (we have a SaaS App) so are very familiar with the issues of browser quirks, so I do empathise with you. Don't get me started on IE :)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Sorry if I missed a point in your earlier post, Patrick.

My advice was based on this, which is the new Login item 1Password created for me, the first time I visited the URL, entered my (fake) credentials, and clicked on the Login button on the form:

00000212.png

I haven't modified those values, types, or designations at all.

This Login item works when I visit the URL and press Ctrl+\, and it works when I click the "key" icon in Chrome, click the All Logins button, and choose the Login for that URL.

Editing your existing Login item (with the incorrect types and designations) to match this Login in every way should create a Login that behaves the same in every way.
This discussion has been closed.