No results when searching All Vaults [resolved with 6.1 beta]

cortig
cortig
Community Member
edited November 2015 in iOS

Hi All,

Most of the time, when I open up the app and immediately start a search from the home screen (searching all vaults by default), the app returns no result.
Now if I select the vault I know the item is in, I start getting results immediately.

I sometimes get results searching all vaults, but never when I haven't used the app in a while and I just launch it. I'm wondering at this point whether it's a "delay" thing, where the app needs time to reindex the database before it really returns any result, but I thought it was worth reporting.

Corentin

1Password Version: 6.1 (610002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.0.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cortig,

Thanks for reporting this issue you're having with All Vaults searching. I haven't noticed it when searching +1200 items. How many total items are you searching and do a significant number have large notes fields?

Most of the time, when I open up the app and immediately start a search from the home screen (searching all vaults by default), the app returns no result.

Do results eventually appear if you wait long enough?

Now if I select the vault I know the item is in, I start getting results immediately.

What happens if you reselect the All Vaults view after that and do another search?

I sometimes get results searching all vaults, but never when I haven't used the app in a while and I just launch it. I'm wondering at this point whether it's a "delay" thing, where the app needs time to reindex the database before it really returns any result, but I thought it was worth reporting.

Rather than speculate on what's happening I'll defer on commenting further until confirming more details with our developers. I'll also check if there's any additional information you can provide that will help them understand this.

Certainly worth your reporting; thanks again!

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Hi @sjk,

When I first perform the search, nothing happens. I don't even see the "spinning tictacs" indicating a search is taking place and I can wait for several minutes without seeing any results.
    If I select a Vault, search, then come back to All Vaults to perform the search, then I see the spinning tictacs and eventually I'll get search results.
    It looks to me like it's a problem with the initial search only, not actually being initiated.

Corentin

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for those details, @cortig.

Hope you don't mind another question: which specific iOS device(s) are having this problem?

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

iPhone 6 and iPad 3rd Gen WiFi.
    I'm seeing the same thing on both.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @cortig. Both are relatively new devices, and different types, so this is unlikely to be a device-specific issue.

While beta builds of 1Password for iOS through TestFlight are on hiatus we do recommend installing the stable version, preferably before 6.1 (610002) expires in case that happens before the hiatus is lifted and a new beta is available.

I have passed along details of your issue to our developers. While I can't make any promises, once beta testing resumes it may already be resolved with a new build in your hands. :)

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Thanks for letting me know @sjk

Corentin

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, Corentin.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

I am happy to report that the problem is gone in the new β for 1Password v6.1 that just came out :-)

Corentin

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update @cortig ! Glad this is solved.

This discussion has been closed.