Checking for updates, crash when trying to edit

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: After upgrading to El Capitan 1Password is not working for edits.

Comments

• IbuDallas
    IbuDallas
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. OS X 10.11. 1PW Version 3.8.22 (build 32010). When I check for updates on 1PW, I get a message that I am running the most recent version (Thanks for keeping up to date...)

When I try to edit, 1PW crashes...totally disappears.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi @IbuDallas,

It sounds like you might be having a different issue than the one in the previous thread, so I've moved your message to a separate discussion (and since you're using 1Password 3 for Mac, I've moved it to our 1Password 3 for Mac forum). I hope you don't mind!

When I check for updates on 1PW, I get a message that I am running the most recent version

The most recent free update for 1Password 3 for Mac was 3.8.22, which is why it says your version is up to date (newer versions are installed separately from version 3). Sorry for any confusion about that!

1Password 5 for Mac is currently the latest version, and is a paid upgrade from version 3 (although the upgrade is free if you bought your 1Password 3 for Mac license in 2013 or later). If you'd like to upgrade, we do offer an upgrade discount - simply visit our Upgrade Store and enter your license code to see your upgrade discount and license options.

When I try to edit, 1PW crashes...totally disappears.

Upgrading to 1Password 5 would likely solve the problem. However, if you don't want to upgrade, we'll be happy to try to help with that issue. We'll just need to know some more details. For example, what are the exact steps you take to reproduce the crash? Does it happen reliably, every single time you follow those steps? Did the same problem happen before you upgraded your Mac to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)? Do you get any error messages? If so, what do they say? The more details you can give us about the issue, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• IbuDallas
    IbuDallas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks...my 1PW is registered with a key number. I just went to the Apple App store to upgrade to 1PW5 and got the following message:_ Purchase of this item is not currently available._

?

• IbuDallas
    IbuDallas
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

OK. I've purchased PW5 and installed it on my MacBook. but not on Dropbox--BUT I still have older versions showing up in my applications folder. Do I just delete those?

I appreciate your patience.

• IbuDallas
    IbuDallas
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Finally. I got everything installed and synching: Dropbox, iPhone, iPad and MacBook. I am 75 years old and got my first Mac in June of 1984. This software purchase and installation are the hardest I've ever had to do. Please do not release any more updates until after I die.

Thank you,
    Dallas anonymised due to public nature of forums

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @IbuDallas,

I'm sorry we didn't manage to get to your query until it was too late and you resolved (it seems?) everything. We're seeing a number of enquiries and so it's a case of slowly getting round to each question/request, making sure each person receives the attention needed for their situation.

The no more updates request may be tough, we want you to live a long happy life and I'm afraid many of our other customers may become quite unhappy with us if we don't release anything for a number of decades. Should we release another update though we will do our best to help you through the process should you need it :smile:

• IbuDallas
    IbuDallas
    Community Member
    Options

:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.