Help! Why are my passwords not showing in edit mode??

When I go to edit a login in 1Password 3, clicking on the password field used to reveal the password itself in black text. Now when I click on that field nothing shows. So I can't see or edit any of my passwords.

How do I see my passwords again? Are all my passwords that I've trusted to 1Password at risk? Is this maybe an El Capitan issue? Help!

1Password Version: 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: 3.8.2
OS Version: 10.11 (15A284)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 4 edit login password not working

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Please see this AgileBits post on the 1P3 for Mac forum.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @globaltrev,

The link from Stephen's reply should definitely help to explain that issue. And in case you have more questions about that, I've moved your post to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum. I hope you don't mind!

Since your Mac is running OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), you can choose to upgrade your license to 1Password 5 for Mac, which is the latest version, and supports El Capitan. If you would like to upgrade, just visit our Upgrade Store and enter your license code to see your upgrade discount and license options.

If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know. :)

• globaltrev
    globaltrev
    Community Member

Thanks Drew, I do have a couple questions that I couldn't immediately find the answers to here.

1. I'm nervous about upgrading to 5, breaking the links to my password file on dropbox etc. Are there no-fail instructions on how to do this somewhere?
    2. I bought a family licence and it the upgrade to 5 does not seem to be offering a family license upgrade, looks like a single license... will I have to pay the upgrade price 3x??
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @globaltrev,

We have moved from having a single and family licence to just a single licence but when we did so we altered what a single licence offers to you as the customer. The single licence now entitles you and five other family members in the same household to run 1Password on a single platform e.g. if you purchase a single 1Password 5 for Mac licence up to six of you in total can run 1Password for Mac on as many Macs as you have between you. Let's say your family is Mac crazy and you've each got an iMac and a MacBook but you have a MacBook Air too for when you're travelling - it's still all covered by a single licence. So hopefully that will reassure a bit there.

As for migrating from 1Password 3 to 1Password 5 for Mac. When you launch 1Password 5 for Mac for the first time it will search for an existing 1Password vault and one of the places it will check are the two default locations 1Password 3 for Mac would store an Agile Keychain. So lets work on the assumption that you have a single Agile Keychain in your Dropbox that is your 1Password 3 vault. 1Password 5 would find it and simply ask for you Master Password. Having successfully unlocked the vault it will migrate the data to the new format that is an encrypted SQLite database file but it will do so in a non-destructive way - we only read from the Agile Keychain at this stage. Afterwards we automatically set up synchronisation to the Agile Keychain so it remains the same as your new 1Password 5 vault. It should really be a seamless operation that requires no intervention on your part.

Does this help at all?

This discussion has been closed.