See and sort by date created/modified/last used

Options
mef613
mef613
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for a long time, and often wind up with multiple entries for one website. On the Mac, I can easily see when a login or password was created or last modified, so that I can figure out which is the current valid entry. On iOS, not only can't you sort by date, but you can't even see the date in an item's detail view.

I get why adding sort order to the iOS app might be a larger request, but it would be great just to be able to see the date created/modified/last used fields in an entry's detail view - that way, at least I'd have some hope of sorting out old from new passwords beside trial and error.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: IOS 9.01
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestion, @mef613! I can certainly see how having this information could be helpful. I'll be happy to pass the feedback along to our development team for their consideration. :)

Ben

• gadgetfan2014
    gadgetfan2014
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to second this! I use sort by date as mef613 does, and also to help me maintain secondary vaults that work as primaries for extended family. Sort by date is the best way to make sure the latest entries are where they should be. I'd love to see the full sort capability on iOS, but showing the date fields would be a helpful start! Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the vote. :)

• SLF
    SLF
    Community Member
    Options

SORT BY DATE is my most desired feature for IOS!!! (it is on OS X!)
    I have been using 1Password for many years.

I am mostly retired but still have over 2000 entries.

If I could search by date sorted by date entered/modified that would be very helpful.

Why not display the mod date info for records???????? ??

That would allow efficient reconciliation of entries made from different machines from previous versions

Without this feature, my anal retention inclination makes use of 1Password painful too often.
    Don't tell me it is totally automatic,.

• SLF
    SLF
    Community Member
    Options

I love 1 Password but as a data administrator, Date info is critical.
    Let me see it!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @SLF!

• jasper2014
    jasper2014
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to add my vote for ability to display items by date modified in iOS. I've had sync "vault mismatch" problems, and need to delete my iOS app, then reinstall and sync with my desktop. However, I'm not certain I won't be losing something on iOS. If I could display by date modified, I could pretty easily double-check before deleting the app. Otherwise, impossible--too many entries to scroll through the whole database manually.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @jasper2014. Obviously ideally you wouldn't be running into vault mismatch problems. Have you done any troubleshooting on that with our support team?

That said, thank you for your vote for this feature.

Ben

• jasper2014
    jasper2014
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for registering my vote for iOS sorting by date modified, Ben.

I checked things manually this time, then deleted/reinstalled on my iPad, and sync is working ok now. If I have trouble again, I'll contact support.

• Ben
    Options

Great, thanks @jasper2014. :)

Ben

• invenio
    invenio
    Community Member
    Options

No more to add, but to say that I'd vote for this enhancement as well. This would even allow me to weed out some old accounts created that I could retire/delete now.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @invenio

Thank you for stopping by and letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password. We'll keep your comment in mind :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.