Android: Recent Apps Displaying Secure Information [Fixed in March 2014]

Options
ndanzig
ndanzig
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Android

I noticed a closed 2013 knowledgebase article about how 1Password secure information is displayed inside the Android "Recent Apps" feature and was planned on being fixed in a update. It is incomprehensible that AgileBits has not resolved this major security flaw for over two years. Will this be fixed? If so, how soon?

If there is not a reasonable explanation for the lack of fixing this flaw, I will be forced to take my business elsewhere. To ensure future buyers of this product are fully informed, I will make sure to comment on as many sites as possible reporting this issue.

1Password Version: 4.53
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:recent apps

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @ndanzig.

Are you referring to the issue brought up in this forum thread from Dec. 2013?

That thread was started back when 1Password 4 for Android was first released in private beta. Back then, it was possible to enable screenshots from within the app. At the time, we wanted users to be able to screenshot from within the app, in order to help out with beta testing, which led to 1Password showing up in the recent apps list. However, this issue was fixed well before 1Password 4 was first released, back in March of 2014, and it's no longer possible to screenshot from within the app.

That said, it's possible that if your device is rooted, the OS is ignoring the secure flag. In that case, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• ndanzig
    ndanzig
    Community Member
    Options

The report was generated and sent via email per your instructions.

• peri
    Options

Thanks. I'll look for the email, and we can continue the conversation there.

This discussion has been closed.