Updating issue and ext vs app

Two issues, one is that the app when launched includes recent additions from another dropbox synced computer but the safari ext does not on the same machine. Ext on both machines is 3.9.30 and app is 3.8.21 and on the problem machine 3,8.20. When I try and update it says error occurred while extracting but I find no downloaded files. HELP and is there a phone I can call?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• pscharff
    pscharff
    Community Member

i meant 3.9.20

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @pscharff,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your request for assistance. The forums are abuzz with users at the moment and we're slowly making our way to each.

If you're finding that 1Password 3 for Mac is unable to perform an in-app update what I would recommend doing is downloading a fresh copy of 1Password 3 for Mac from the Legacy section of our AgileBits Download page. You should be able to replace the slightly older version with the new one by dragging the old version to your Trash and placing the new version in its place. As long as you only move the application bundle which should be in your /Applications/ folder then you won't risk your vault at all as it is separate from the application. If that isn't clear enough please do let us know.

The extension is likely to be a separate issue though and I would think unrelated to the version. Do you see a little red exclamation mark on the 1Password Browser Extension icon at all? If you do it would suggest that, for reasons unknown at the moment, the extension has become disconnected from the main 1Password application. Sometimes a reboot or restarting the helper can cause it recover. I would start with a reboot of the Mac and see if that helps. Please do keep us updated though.

This discussion has been closed.