Encryption keys file does not exist

Options

Today, I renamed my Home folder on my newish MacBook Pro (because the original came across from a Time Machine backup from my older iMac, and left me with 'duplicate' Home folder names. I did this all with Apple Support.) But I have had a couple of "Permission Errors" as a result, one was with Dropbox, but that is all now OK. My 1Password Keychain is in my Dropbox folder. But now, 1Password fails with "1Password Agent quit unexpectedly" and the log file shows 1P is still looking for the old Home folder. I can't see anyway of fixing this, can you help?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 3.9.2
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Encryption keys file does not exist

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @nigelallam,

Sorry for the delay in responding, there has been an uptick in queries lately and we're doing our best to get on top of things so we can return to the sort of response times we're much more comfortable/happier with.

Here is what I would recommend you try.

1. Open a Finder window.
    2. Use the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘G to open a Go to Folder... window.
    3. Paste into the field the following path, ~/Library/Application Support/ and click the Go button.
    4. In there you should see a folder titled 1Password, move that to your Desktop.
    5. Perform steps 2. and 3. again but this time with the path ~/Library/Preferences/.
    6. Move the files that start with ws.agile to your Desktop, I believe there will be two or three of them.
    7. Reboot your Mac.

When you next launch 1Password it will be as if it hadn't run before but all you should need to do is point 1Password to the Agile Keychain in your Dropbox account. Please do let us know how you get along :smile:

• nigelallam
    nigelallam
    Community Member
    Options

I'm grateful for this, thanks. But I was experiencing so many crashes of 1P that I upgraded to version 5, and everything is OK now.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully you're enjoying all the improvements we've made to 1Password 5 @nigelallam :smile: It is a bit different so if you have questions please don't hesitate to ask.

This discussion has been closed.