Autofill not working

Hi,
I used to be able to click on the google chrome extention button, the correct website login/password would be at the top and clicking on it would fill in the appropriate username and password. Now this is not happening, I have to copy and paste for each field. Can you let me know how to get it to work again?

1Password Version: 3.9.22.1
Extension Version: 3.9.22.1
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:As of today, my logins and passwords are not being filled in...I can copy/paste

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @drmelod,

Well after a prolonged battle with Chrome to run in a VM I finally managed to reach a point where I could test this. What I can say is there is hope as I could fill in Chrome so hopefully we're looking at a configurational issue.

Now you detail what you would do to fill a Login item but it isn't clear at what stage this breaks down when you say this is not happening. Is it that the 1Password window is appearing when you click on the icon, it isn't showing the appropriate Login item or filling appears to not do anything? I'm also curious as to how many sites this is happening with as that will be another clue as to where the issue is. Hopefully we can get things working again for you.

• drmelod
    drmelod
    Community Member

So everything works until the point when you actually click on the website info that is stored and it usually then autofills the username and password. So far, only 2 websites aren't working. So everything works, the data stored is correct, the correct info comes up but its just not filling in the fields.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @drmelod,

What it might be worth seeing is if the issue continues happening after you try creating a new Login item for these sites. If the new Login works it might be they've changed something about the site. It might not be visible, it might all be under the hood but if they've altered the login page it could cause 1Password problems if it is trying to fill how the old page expected your information.

Keep us informed :smile:

This discussion has been closed.