When I hover over an item in the list in my chrome extension, the window to edit never appears.

My old extension wasn't working any longer, so I deleted it and added the newest version. When I look for information to edit or to find my passwords in the extension, I'm not able to pull it up. I hover over the item in the list and nothing else appears.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:ios-extension-faq, kb:change-website-password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @gmawest,

So the new extension is quite a departure from the old one. The old extension, v3, was essentially a self-contained copy of 1Password and in terms of extensions was massive. The new extension has a number of benefits, at least in my opinion anyway, and one of those is that the extension merely passes information between 1Password and the browser. So the new menu you're seeing is the 1Password Helper. If you right click on an item you can bring up another window as this screenshot should help highlight.

What it will let you do is copy particular fields from the item by clicking on them but it won't let you edit the item or show you the password field. These functions need to be performed from within the main 1Password window now. Now this may feel like quite a disruption to your previous workflow or maybe it won't feel too bad with a bit of time to adjust. It's hard to say as everybody has their own preferences and comfort zones. Hopefully it won't interrupt your normal 1Password usage too much.

• gmawest
    gmawest
    Community Member

Thanks...I understand this change was made. I guess it will just take some getting used to. I hope help content is being updated as well.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @gmawest,

If you ever see any help content generated by us that doesn't tally with something we've said or just seems to be out of date or incorrect please do let us know. Sometimes things can slip through even when you have a fantastic team trying to keep on top of everything. From a quick glance I found the following page about The browser extensions for 1Password for Windows which seems to be accurate but that doesn't mean there isn't a conflicting page that escaped our gaze.

Hopefully you find the new 1Password helper is still useful and should you have questions please do ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.