Tapping on spotlight search results doesn't bring up the result in app

jszotten
jszotten
Community Member

Using spotlight, I search for the login I'm after. I finds it just fine however once I've tapped it, get taken to 1Password & login - I'm just taken to the list view showing whatever was there last time I used it. Either it being empty or a previous search I've done.

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.0.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jszotten,

Thanks for reporting this problem you're having when using Spotlight with 1Password. Please accept my apology for not responding sooner.

We do have a bug filed that sounds similar to what you're describing. Here are steps to reproduce it:

1. Spotlight search for a known item
    2. Tap the search result
    3. The item displays in 1Password with its details view
    4. Tap Categories in the tab bar
    5. Search for anything
    6. Go back to Spotlight search, exiting 1Password
    7. Search for the same or any other known item
    8. Tap the search result
    9. 1Password opens again, displaying previous app search results (a bug) instead of item details for the new Spotlight search

Is something like that what's happening for you?

… - I'm just taken to the list view showing whatever was there last time I used it. Either it being empty or a previous search I've done.

The "previous search" part is like the bug at the end of the steps above. Can you provide some steps for what you're doing leading up to the unexpected outcomes you're getting? I want to make sure we have your bug filed accurately. Thanks!

• jszotten
    jszotten
    Community Member

Hi @sjk

Thanks for getting back to me. That does sound like the steps I've taken as well. Looks like a force quit of 1Password is the only way to 'reset' it so I can get results in the app from Spotlight searches.

I'm glad you have it logged anyway, no need to keep me posted. I'll just keep my eye out for the next beta updates.

Cheers!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the follow-up, @jszotten!

Here's a shortened modification of the steps above:

1. Spotlight search for a known item and tap the search result
    2. The item displays in 1Password with its details view
    3. Go back to Spotlight search, exiting 1Password
    4. Spotlight search for a different item and tap the search result
    5. 1Password opens again, displaying the newly-searched item details

Do you get the same results or, if not, how do they differ?

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.