1Password 5.3 not working with El Capitan 10.11.1

Cyclobob
Cyclobob
Community Member
edited October 2015 in Mac

Since installing the Mac OS X update, 1 Password launches, but no windows come up. No logon window, no browser windows etc. Rebooted, re-installed 1Password etc but no joy.

1Password Version: 1.5.3
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:el capitan

Comments

• Hey @Cyclobob! This just happened to one of my friends and it ended up being caused by the app not being in the Applications folder. Could you double-check that your 1Password app is located in the /Applications folder?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

@Cyclobob: And after verifying (moving if necessary) that 1Password is in the Applications folder, be sure to restart your Mac as well so that OS X can relaunch mini on boot in its new location.

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let us know the exact OS and 1Password versions you're using (those seem a bit off) and any errors or behaviour you see so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• Cyclobob
    Cyclobob
    Community Member

Hi All, thanks, I fixed it. Complete uninstall, remove every scrap of 1 Password then reinstall reboot and all seems OK.

Bob

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@Cyclobob, I'm glad you were able to solve the problem, thanks for letting us know how it worked out for you!

We're always glad to help, so please let us know if you need anything else. :)

• NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member

After I upgraded to 10.11.1 this afternoon, the 1P daemon wouldn't start -- crashed every try after the reboot -- so 1P wouldn't start either. Simply downloading a fresh copy from the site and dragging it to the Applications Folder over the previously installed version (same number) solved the problem, all well now. No need to do a complete uninstall.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that it's working after downloading a fresh copy of the app. It sounds like you could be all set, but be sure to reach out if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.