Data not visible after upgrade from version 3 to version 5

Options
voxmaris
voxmaris
Community Member

I purchased a license to v 5 for Mac today and installed it on my Macbook pro running El Capitan. I followed the instructions on uninstalling the extensions, and the saved logins did show in my 1Password 3 main application. I then uninstalled the extensions from both Chrome and Safari and moved the 1Password 3 to the trash. I then opened 1Password 5 and unlocked with my 1Password 3 master password, but none of my data is in there. Do I need to do another step?

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:upgrade to 5

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm unsure whether you've seen this useful knowledge base article:

How do I upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3?

Does that help at all?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @voxmaris,

I'm sorry you're having trouble upgrading to 1Password 5! It sounds like you may have been following the steps from the knowledgebase article in Stephen's reply, but if not, please take a look at the steps there to see if that helps.

If you've already followed those steps, can you please elaborate on what happened when you opened 1Password 5 for the first time? Did it immediately ask for your master password, or did it give you any options for where to find your existing data? Did it take you through a brief setup where you needed to choose some settings? At any point, did you see buttons for "I'm new to 1Password" and "I've used 1Password before"? If so, which did you choose?

When you say "none of my data is in there" do you mean your vault in 1Password 5 is completely empty, with no items listed there at all?

Even if your data seems to be missing from 1Password 5, don't worry - your data from 1Password 3 should still be on your Mac (all you should have deleted was the 1Password 3 app, and your data is stored elsewhere). We'll help you to find that data, and the answers to my questions above (plus any other details you think of) will help us figure out why it's not working as expected. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.