Can't get sync to work over dropbox

Hi,

I use 1Password over dropbox on OSX Android and an IPod, it took a bit of effort to get them to sync but it works now. I also need to use Windows7 so I have downloaded a trial version, I can't get it to sync with my dropbox files. Bizarrely, the directory structure doesn't even look right. Its like this

1Password
  a
      thumb
        l
        m
        s
  config
    buildnum
    domains
    newsletter
    use-thumbnails
  data
  1Password.html

Within l,m,s and data/default there are lots of other files I haven't listed.

What's going on?

Dan

Comments

• DBrownDBrown 1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, Dan!

That file hierarchy looks fine.

I believe the problem is that 1Password for Windows requires the correct file extension on your 1Password data file (from the Mac) in order to recognize it as a valid 1Password data folder (in Windows).

Please follow these steps carefully:

1. Quit 1Password for Mac, 1Password for Windows, and the 1Password apps for Android and iOS.

2. On your PC, click the Dropbox icon in the system tray (a.k.a. the notification area), and choose Pause Sync'ing.

3. Click the Dropbox icon again, and choose Open Dropbox Folder.

4. In your Dropbox folder hierarchy, find the folder named 1Password (shown at the top of the list in your post, above).

5. (If there's already a folder named 1Password.agilekeychain, right-click it, and change its name to NOT-SYNCED.agilekeychain, or something similar.)

6. Right-click the 1Password folder, and change its name to 1Password.agilekeychain (that is, add .agilekeychain to the end of the name).

7. Launch 1Password for Windows, and confirm that all your Logins and other saved items are present.

8. If all your Logins and other saved items are present in 1Password for Windows, click the Dropbox icon in the system tray again, and choose Resume Sync'ing.

(If they're not, DO NOT resume sync'ing; instead, STOP HERE, and let us know how far you got.)

9. Give Dropbox time to sync the name change back to your Mac.

10. When Dropbox on the Mac reports that all files are up to date, click the Dropbox icon in the Mac OS X tool bar, and choose Open Dropbox Folder.

11. In your Dropbox folder hierarchy, find the file named 1Password.agilekeychain.

12. Control-click the 1Password.agilekeychain file, and choose Open.

13. In 1Password for Mac, confirm that all your Logins and other saved items are present.

I hope that helps, Dan. Please let us know how it goes.
This discussion has been closed.