I can't seem to get the password login to work for Wells Fargo. Anyone else have trouble there?

ejj21
ejj21
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

wellsfargo.com tells me it does not recognize my userid and password when filled in from a saved Login from my 1password. things work fine for chase bank, just not wells fargo. any issues with wells fargo and using 1password for the automated saved login?

my password is 14 characters long. after it tells me it does not recognize my userid and password, i press the back button, and paste in the password (from a Copy from 1password), and then the website accepts it. so, i can not tell why it won't accept the password when automatically dumped from 1password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/add-a-custom-icon, ug:mac/generate-a-strong-password, kb-search:wells fargo, kb-search:banks, kb:banks-and-bad-password-advice

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ejj21: Hmm. I haven't heard of any issues with Wells Fargo, but from your description I wonder if you're running into a password length issue. 1Password will save whatever you tell it to, but websites sometimes (horrifyingly) limit the length of the password and automatically truncate it when you create it...which can cause this sort of issue later on.

Does Wells Fargo say their password requirements somewhere? It could also help to try copying and pasting the password, and also typing it manually. It may be that it simply doesn't like 1Password doing this for you. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@brenty, @ejj21,

I have a WF login w/14 chars - no issues.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @ejj21,

If you're still having issues please do let us know.

• ejj21
    ejj21
    Community Member

Yes, I still have to manually copy the password from 1password to get it to work. it will not log me in automatically, like on other sites. just as i described initially/above.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ejj21: I'm sorry to hear that. In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

Since it seems to be working for others, I suspect this will help. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.