1PW browser page shows in task manager

Bill_W
Bill_W
Community Member

I have a Samsung S6. When I activate the task manager (left side of the home button) there is page data from my last browser session on the screen. Is it possible to hide this.

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @Bill_W. We had another user recently report a similar problem on their Samsung Galaxy S6. I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing this problem.

1Password uses a secure flag that tells the OS to handle 1Password’s content securely. This disables viewing content within 1Password through the application switcher and also disables screenshot taking within the app. So far this has been consistent across devices and different OS versions.

Our team is currently looking into this issue. To help us with reproducing this problem, could you tell us how frequently you see this on your device? Does it happen every time?

I'd also like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member

Just sent email now. I see this symptom every time I use the task manager.

Regards

• Thanks Bill!

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member

G'day.
    Since posting this the other day, I did a 'close all' in the task manager. Now 1PW shows as a blank (white) box, ie the browser page is hidden. I have tried over the last day to replicate what I originally described, but cannot.

Cheers

Bill

• Thanks for the update, @Bill_W! Glad to hear that you've found a workaround while we get this resolved. :)

Let us know if you have any other trouble with 1Password!

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

G'day,
    I spoke too soon, the symptom I described is back. Something I have only just noticed is the data being displayed is not from the most recent session. The page being displayed now has been that way for the last day or so.

Thanks

Bill

• Thanks for the update, Bill. I think we were able to reproduce this issue on our device. Our developers are looking into it now.

This discussion has been closed.