Upgrading 1password Mac+Win bundle before new Windows version is released?

Options
photoreel
photoreel
Community Member

I'd like to be able to upgrade my 1password v4 Mac+Win license now, but I can't seem to do that because I have a bundle license and it seems this means that I will need to wait until the new windows version is ready. This is a bit of a drag, since I would have liked to have upgraded my license a week or so ago when you all were having the sale brought about by lastpass being sold to logmein. Also, it's a bummer that I'm unable to upgrade my Mac to the latest version of 1password, since I can't purchase an upgrade at this time. The current system has the odd effect of penalizing those who have bought a bundle license, when I would think you'd want to encourage users to do this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @photoreel,

I'm sorry about the confusion regarding your licenses. I'll do what I can to clear things up for you!

Even if you purchased your license originally as a part of a bundle, you can upgrade each license individually. The bundle is simply meant to save you money when you're purchasing for more than one platform. And whenever you do need to upgrade a license, as an existing user you get a discount that is better-than-sale pricing, always. Just enter your existing license details on our upgrade page to see your available discount.

Now, I've got even more good news for you: the upgrade to 1Password 5 for Mac was a free upgrade for all users who own 1Password 4 for Mac! So you should see the latest update to 1Password (version 5.4) available, assuming that you're running OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) on your Mac. If you're not seeing updates for 1Password 5, please let me know and we can figure out where things are getting tangled up.

1Password for Windows is developed separately, and I don't know when we'll be rolling over to the big 5.0, but if you're using 1Password 4 for Windows, you're on the latest and greatest version there as well.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

ref: 586591

• photoreel
    photoreel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification Megan! It's great that 1Password 5 for Mac is a free upgrade! I've just installed it! Keep up the great work on 1password!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying 1Password. On behalf of Megan, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.