Feature request: Add to Apple Watch in Mac version

Options
gregconnors
gregconnors
Community Member

Hi.
I do most of my password/account maintenance on my Mac. Could we have an 'Add to Apple Watch' checkbox/thingy in the Mac version please?
Many thanks. Keep up the good work.
Greg

1Password Version: 5.4 (540046) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015
    Options

@gregconnors: I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying 1Password — across multiple platforms, form the sound of it! We can certainly consider adding an "Add to Apple Watch" button to 1Password for Mac in the future.

In case it helps, the way it works is that this button in 1Password for iOS really just adds the "Apple Watch" (case sensitive) tag to an item. So you can actually add this to an item in 1Password for Mac as well if you'd like to manage some of this there. Just be aware that only certain item types (and fields) are currently supported, so simply adding the tag to an item doesn't mean that it will show up on your Watch.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions or feedback. Thanks again for your kind words and support! :)

• gregconnors
    gregconnors
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty. I appreciate your detailed response.

Thanks also for the work-around. I'll definitely use it (please keep my request on file though, just in case)

Cheers, Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Absolutely! You're most welcome. I'm glad that helped. :chuffed:

I suspect that having a more obvious way to add items to Apple Watch may be beneficial to others using 1Password on multiple platforms too, so we may add a similar feature in the future. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

This discussion has been closed.