This beta version of 1Password has expired

ChapmanRS
ChapmanRS
Community Member

I have a full licence for 1Password. On your advice I installed a beta version some time ago to overcome sync issues I was having between Android and Windows. On attempting to start 1Password this morning, the error message, "This beta version of 1Password has expired", was shown in an error box and the application immediately closed after tapping the OK button. I have not been offered an opportunity to upgrade or renew this version and if I go to the Play Store to download an update, the 1Password app shows as being installed and there is no update available. This means that 1Password cannot be used on my Samsung Galaxy S5, model SM-G900F running Android version 4.4.2. Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.2
Sync Type: Wireless

Comments

• Hey @ChapmanRS. I've moved this thread to our Beta forum just to make it easier to find if someone else has this problem.

1Password beta expires every 90 days, so it must be updated regularly for you to retain access to your data.

One workaround to the issue you're having is to manually change your system date, so your Android will still allow you to use it. I suggest that you change the system date to July or August. However, you may have to try a different time period, depending on when it expired.

You should then be able to launch 1Password normally and sync your vault. At that point, since your vault is safe, you will be able to update to the latest beta version after you update change your system date back to today's date. Make sure that you're signed up for our beta newsletter so that you don't miss any updates:
    https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/androidnewsletter.html

If you prefer not to continue with the beta and keep up with the updates, go ahead and reinstall from the Play Store, but first make sure that you have your vault backed up in Dropbox or on another device.

Let us know how that goes! Thanks!

• ChapmanRS
    ChapmanRS
    Community Member

Hi Peri

Thanks for the information, but unfortunately I was unable to effect a fix with your instructions. The problem was that when I changed the date to a previous month to allow access to 1Password, I was then unable to connect to the Play Store because my antivirus software picked up the fact that the site's Security Certificate was not in-date.

The fix was as follows: -

1. Change the date to allow access to the Beta version of 1Password on the Android phone
    2. Sync the phone with a PC or Mac to ensure I had the latest version of the vault.
    3. Put the phone back to the correct date and time
    4. Uninstall 1Password from the device
    5. Connect to the Play Store and if the 1Pasword app is still showing installed, as mine was, just uninstall it again
    6. Still on the Play Store, click the button to reinstall 1Password
    7. Sync the phone with the device holding your up-to-date vault

All is now working fine and I am happy to remain on the production version of 1Password. The only reason for being on the beta version in the first place was to fix a sync problem, which is now working fine in the production version.

Thanks for all your help with this

Warm Regards

Roy Chapman

• Thanks for the update, Roy! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get back into 1Password, and switch to the stable version.

The Play Store version doesn't expire, so this shouldn't happen again. However, if you have any other trouble in the future, just let us know. Thanks!

• Thanks for the update, Roy! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get back into 1Password, and switch to the stable version.

If you have any other trouble in the future, jus

This discussion has been closed.