Wifi sync keeps asking for master password

CAC
CAC
Community Member

Using a Samsung Note 5. Use the master password to initially log in. Then select sync (wifi), it asks for the master password. Put in the correct password (trust me, have checked several times). Then it asks for the master password again and again. I never get to the pop-up that asks for the Secret code.

This worked the 1st time I tried, but now getting the above situation.

In lieu of a solution, I'm assuming an uninstall & reinstall might solve, but have to go that route.

Currently using a trial version and willing to purchase on 2 platforms (Win & Android), but a basic feature not working is a true stumbling block.

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 5.1.1
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• CAC
    CAC
    Community Member

Update: Made 4 attempts, very careful putting the master password in. After closing the app about 4 times, on the 5th attempt it worked.

Wondering about consistency of your app?

• Sorry to hear that @CAC. This is the first I am hearing of this problem and I love to look into this further. Let's figure out what's going on. First, are you syncing with 1Password on Windows or Mac?

• CAC
    CAC
    Community Member

With windows 10

Additional info: when it worked correctly from my android devices (Tab S & Note 5), my PC would ask for the Master Password, but the 2 android devices did not ask for the Secret code. When it didn't work, the PC had no change (did not ask for the master password). I have a very reliable wifi network (smart devices, media servers, etc...work flawless). Hope that helps.

• peri
    edited October 2015

Hey @CAC. Thanks for the update.

So, to be clear, this problem is intermittent? You're able to successfully enter your Master Password on your Android devices sometimes?

If the PC isn't prompting you for the Master Password first, it sounds like the Android may not be seeing that device. Here's what I'd like you to do:
    1. Open your Android device settings and turn WiFi off and back on
    2. On your PC, turn Wi-Fi Off and then turn it back on
    3. Make sure that your Android device is connected to the same WiFi network as your PC when reconnected
    4. Open 1Password 4 on your PC and login with your Master Password
    5. From the menu bar, choose File > Wi-Fi Sync. Make sure to leave that window open on your Mac through the whole sync process
    6. Go back to 1Password 4 for Android and tap 'Sync' or pull to refresh to initiate sync.

Are you able to successfully sync using Wi-Fi now?

• CAC
    CAC
    Community Member

Yes, that worked. Also it synced the folders onto my Tab S finally (which is on another link, https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/50876/folders-not-copied-over-from-windows#latest).

I'm in IT and have an engineering degree, so have looked over settings in detail as I have done tests previously.

Could this be an Android bug with wifi....I occasionally see a popup notification during the day that says it's connecting to wifi (when it was already connected)....like it breaks & reconnects intermittently.

Any other insights would be helpful?

Thank You, C.A.

• Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that did the trick. :)

To be honest, I'm not sure what is causing the occasional notifications you get regarding Wi-Fi. It may be router related--there may be issues with the Android getting a weak signal or interruption in service. However, the steps I gave were just for resetting the Wi-Fi connection to the same network, so it seems that it was indeed a network related issue.

By chance is there more than one nearby network that your Android device may be connecting to? If so, it may be that the Android was switching networks automatically while you were trying to sync.

At any rate, I'm glad that you were able to get everything syncing, and that the folders synced as well. Two birds with one stone!

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.