Secure notes attachments missing

Hi,

I am currently running the latest version 4.6.0.592 (just updated today). I found that none of my secure notes have any more attachments which I definitely had attached to them. I don't know when this loss exactlly happend. I have been using attachments one month ago.

I also can't attach new files to secure notes.

Anybody with the same problem?

Miha

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.4.3.
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mihaprosen: Very strange. I'm not experiencing missing attachments, and I'm still able to add attachments to Secure Notes...so it doesn't seem to be related to the update.

Is it only Secure Notes that seem to be affected? Are you missing other attachments? Are you unable to attach files to other items? Are you receiving an error when you try to attach a file to a Secure Note?

I notice you're syncing with Dropbox. Are your attachments present on your other devices? You may be able to restore from a backup, but since attachments are just files stored inside your .agilekeychain in the /a/ folder, you should be able to see them there on the Dropbox website and even recover deleted files there. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• mihaprosen
    mihaprosen
    Community Member

It was my mistake. When I double-clicked one of the secured notes, I expected to see the attachments. But they are only visibe in ''secure notes main menu'', which in my case wasn't extended enough - please see the image.

Thank you so much for your fast comment/reply. Thank you for your time.

Miha

• @mihaprosen - I'm so glad you found those attachments, thanks for letting us know.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

When I double-clicked one of the secured notes, I expected to see the attachments. But they are only visibe in ''secure notes main menu'', which in my case wasn't extended enough - please see the image.

@mihaprosen: Ah, I understand completely! Sorry about that. It looks like the bottom area where you view item details is collapsed completely. If that's not something you did yourself on purpose or by accident, be sure to let us know in case there may be some bug we need to track down. I haven't been able to figure out how to hide the bottom area completely like that.

And just to clarify for anyone else, editing an item just shows you the text (name, URL, notes, etc.) Any attachments will be shown all the way at the bottom of the Detail pane at the bottom of the window. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.