How to not show that 1PW has synced with Dropbox

VK1
VK1
Community Member

Somehow 1PW almost always shows up on my Dropbox window as the folder last synced. Is there a way to either not show it or limit the number of "syncs" per day to one?

1Password Version: 5.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.x
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Somehow 1PW almost always shows up on my Dropbox window as the folder last synced.

@VK1: That makes sense. Since any time an file is updated Dropbox will sync it, and 1Password will save changes to items (and the index) as you use it, that's the end result, since documents you store in Dropbox probably aren't being accessed or edited as frequently as you use 1Password. However, I'm not sure where you're even looking to see this. I've never been bothered with this detail myself. :lol:

Is there a way to either not show it or limit the number of "syncs" per day to one?

No. Not without disabling Dropbox or using Selective Sync. Dropbox is just doing its job, syncing files that have changed so you can access them on other devices. I hope this helps! :)

• VK1
    VK1
    Community Member

Looking up here. This is the place for me to check if someone has shared something with me or if a something that I uploaded has made it. See screenshot.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@vk1

Dropbox monitors all files in your Dropbox folder for synced or changed status, it displays those changes no matter what they are through the app interface just like you show in your screenshot.

Its a very often requested feature to exclude package file type (ex. 1Password vault ) from showing individual updates. Sadly it has not bubbled up yet from Dropbox. Having said that, I don't know if its even possible to add in that exclusion based upon how Dropbox actually works. If it were to ever happen it would likely require a lot of work on their part.

Any items shared, files or folders would automatically be at the top of the notifications window. They would be listed as a single item above the recents line times. What a lot of folks don't know is the events window is scrollable and you can move backwards for a number of events if that helps you. If I recall correctly its 20 line items. Thought they have experimented with a different number of items over the last couple of years.

Just for the record all apps that use some type of package file/database will have this issue. Day One, and TextExpander are also 2 other apps that because of their design, show the same type of entries in the Dropbox notification pane.

~thightower
    1Password and Dropbox moderator.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Screenshot of incoming share : (Showing above the recents)

• Jacob
    edited October 2015

Hey @VK1,

The Dropbox behavior you're mentioning is quite normal. If you update anything in 1Password in any of your devices, it will appear as the latest item synced in Dropbox — which is awesome, and we love Dropbox because of that. Thightower's explanation of things is significantly more detailed so I'll let you read through that. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.