removing all traces of 1 password from my mac

c7vettedaddy
c7vettedaddy
Community Member

I have been using the 1 password app on my iPhone and today I decided to install 1 Password on my Mac. I downloaded the 1Password app from the Mac store. When it starts it asked me for a Master password. I use the Master password that I have been using on my iPhone but the app won't open. What gives? I used to have an older version of 1 password on my mac but I have not used it for years and had deleted it quite some time ago. I want the app on my mac to be able to sync with the iCloud data that my iPhone is using. if this is not possible then I would like a refund. Thanks for any and all help.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:removing all traces of 1 password from my mac

Comments

• Hey @c7vettedaddy! It sounds like your old data from your Mac has been mixed in with the new app. Usually that's a good thing because it's better than losing your data. ;) In this case, you'll simply need to start over with a fresh copy of things. Here's our knowledge base guide to get you there:

How do I start over with an empty vault?

Since you have everything on your iPhone, and synced to iCloud, you should be all set to get your data imported from iCloud by following this guide. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.