windows7 to iPhone4

failed to find data
Sorry for this ne tipic, but i'm not find an answer.

- On W7 Version 1.0.5.177 of 1pw works good. On the iPhone Version 3.5.7 is empty.
- dropbox also works great in Firefox (on w7) and safari (on the iPhone)

But if i used to sync. between all this, 1pw on iphone has an error "Failed to find the data file on Dropbox...."

I've used different folder structures on dropbox.
So, is there anyone who can gave me an hint how it could works?

THX
SmashPort

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    SmashPort, welcome to the forum!

I'm not clear what you mean when you write, "I've used different folder structures on dropbox."

It sounds like you've got Dropbox and 1Password for Windows on your PC and a 1Password app on your iPhone, but you're not able to get them sync'ing using Dropbox.

Is that correct?

If so, please send us a diagnostics report:

1. Launch 1Password for Windows.

2. Choose Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File.

3. Note the name and location of the Zip file that's created.

4. Send e-mail to support@agilewebsolutions.com with the Zip file attached, and include a link to this forum thread:

http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/4328-windows7-to-iphone4/

Thanks!
  • SmashPort
    edited April 2011
    Hi DBrown,

DBrown wrote:

I'm not clear what you mean when you write, "I've used different folder structures on dropbox."

It sounds like you've got Dropbox and 1Password for Windows on your PC and a 1Password app on your iPhone, but you're not able to get them sync'ing using Dropbox.

Is that correct?

That is correct.

Before i do anything else, i will describe again what i've done:

- i copied the 1password-Files to the dropbox folder
    - dropbox synchronised correct
    - 1password App on my iPhone did'nt find andy 1password-File to sync.
    - with diff. folders i mean:
    1st i only copied AgileKeychain.ico to dropbox. No sync.
    2nd i created a folder like ".ws.agile.1Password.settings" and put AgileKeychain.ico & 1password.keys in it. No sync.
    3. i copied 1Password.agilekeychain-folder within the complete file and folder structur to dropbox. Same result: No sync.

So i recon the report-file you pleased for, is only helpful, if i used the "move" order to replace the complete 1password files to dropbox.
    Is this correct? Or is there another way to solve the problem?

On windows works Version 1.x and on the iPhone 3.x. Is this eventually a part of my problems?
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the follow-up, SmashPort.

The .ico file is just that: an icon that Windows uses to customize the appearance displays of your 1Password data folder in Windows Explorer. It has nothing to do with sync'ing.

The .settings file is a text file, not a folder. It doesn't contain your 1Password data (though it does play a role in sync'ing your 1Password data).

Sending the diagnostics report is definitely the correct first step on the path to getting your setup straightened out.

Please follow the instructions to do that, as described in my previous post.

Thanks!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    By the way, the following documents provide much more than just a hint :D on setting up Dropbox sync'ing:

The "big picture":

Windows-specific instructions:
This discussion has been closed.