Having trouble reinstalling 1Password after hard drive crash

Hi everyone,

today my hard drive crashed and therefore I had to reinstall Windows 10. I downloaded the latest 1Password version for Windows from the website and installed it. After completion I have to choose between 3 options:

1. I want to use a new vault
  2. I already used 1Password
  3. Backup

My problem is that I don't know which one I have to choose and how it works? I have 1Password installed on several Android devices and I also have a 1Password folder in my dropbox account. I want to use the old vault, but how does it work? Which option should I choose? Do I have to copy certain files from my dropbox account and place it into the 1Password folder?

My license key starts with "1PWW" by the way.

If anybody could help me with this, I would be very thankful.

Best regards
Patrick

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Patrick!

Sure we can help you.

Have you been syncing your 1Password data between your PC and you Android devices using Dropbox before?
    If that is the case, then you can tell 1Password that you already used 1Password and then proceed to point it to the .agilekeychain or .opvault file that is in your Dropbox. It will most likely be located in the 1Password folder in your Dropbox.

It doesn't matter that your licence code starts with 1PWW, 1Password 4 for Windows should accept it because you bought the licence after 2013-01-01.

I hope this helps!

Cheers

• gospat83
    gospat83
    Community Member

Hi Alex,

thanks for your advice, now it works without any problems.

Best regards
    Patrick

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of AlexHoffman, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that worked. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.