How to sync 1Password 3.8.22 with an iPhone iOS6 that is using 1Password version 4.3.2

Options

Is there a way to manually copy the data that is on the laptop to the iPhone. I understand that these versions of 1Password cannot sync over wifi and I prefer not to use dropbox. So, I'm looking for a manual data transfer solutions. Is there one?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 4.3.2
OS Version: OSX 10.7
Sync Type: manual

Comments

• mavendesign
    mavendesign
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, so a quick update...my personal tech support team (my husband) figured it out using the 1Password iOS guide pages. He was determined to find a way after I posted to you guys. ;)

See this link to do this via iTunes: https://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/iTunes-File-Sharing/itfs-send-data-file-to-itunes.html

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I confess I had forgotten about that possibility as it's not been an option for a while now @mavendesign. At least you found a way although it would indicate that you're advised to only alter items in 1Password 3 for Mac as that looks very much like a one-way process.

• mavendesign
    mavendesign
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the one way process is actually fine in this scenario because I am using the laptop almost all of the time and haven't had a need to create logins when using the phone.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @mavendesign,

I didn't create a lot of items in 1Password 4 for iOS either to be honest. It's when we got the 1Password iOS Extension and we could save and fill items in iOS Safari that I found 1Password for iOS took a leap forward. You'd really want to be paring 1Password 5 for iOS up with 1Password 5 for Mac though if you're not a fan of cloud services. That's a fair amount of upgrading though so maybe not something happening any time soon.

This discussion has been closed.