Feature enhancement request

Please:

1. Track and add deletion date to the trash display
  2. Add the ability to manually delete trash records. The way it works now it's all or nothing with no context as to when a record may have been deleted.
  3. Prompt for confirmation when deleting a record (regardless of whether in trash or not). Do you have any idea how many times I've accidentally deleted a record? I don't either because there's no confirmation! /rant off
  4. Add a status bar indicating how many records appear in the current view and if any are selected, how many. (Just like Windows File Explorer.)
  5. Add an option to make it easy to report websites where 1P doesn't work properly. It should be as simple as clicking a button, answering some questions (possibly some pre-defined and an input field for notes) and send the info over to Agile. Agile can use this information to monitor trends and prioritize fixes. Agile will also know if something previously reported and fixed is broken again.
  6. Add an option to clear ("X") find dialog. Move the "include notes field in search" option closer to the find text dialog box so the feature is more obvious.

Thank you.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for those suggestions!

Note on item 3: Deleting an item simply moves it to the Trash, and there's already a confirmation on emptying the Trash; it's up to you to decide whether or not to proceed. There is also a confirmation on deleting a folder, with options for what to do with any items in the folder. I'd get annoyed really quickly with having to respond to an "Are you sure? OK/Cancel" step every single time I deleted an individual item.
  • Piggy
    Piggy
    Community Member
    DBrown wrote:

Thanks for those suggestions!

Note on item 3: Deleting an item simply moves it to the Trash, and there's already a confirmation on emptying the Trash; it's up to you to decide whether or not to proceed. There is also a confirmation on deleting a folder, with options for what to do with any items in the folder. I'd get annoyed really quickly with having to respond to an "Are you sure? OK/Cancel" step every single time I deleted an individual item.

Why would you find it annoying to get prompted whenever you delete an item? This is a Mac way of thinking which I have never understood. IIRC this is how my Mac worked and I found it most irritating. I frequently changed or deleted something by mistake only to have to figure it out if undo or whatever didn't work. Windows File Explorer prompts for confirmation. I don't know if it can be turned off because I have never been interested in doing so. If I select 10 items I get prompted only once.

Macs, don't like to ask users to confirm anything. (Jobs thinks we are too stupid to have choices, but smart enough to make mistakes.) Windows, likes users to ask to confirm most everything, either with single dialogs or one dialog for the mass of changes. Unix; well, it's unix. Not consistent anyway.

Make it optional and everyone can be happy. Thanks!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Piggy wrote:

Why would you find it annoying to get prompted whenever you delete an item?

Maybe the same person who made it an option to turn that feature off, in Windows. :D

...Windows File Explorer prompts for confirmation. I don't know if it can be turned off because I have never been interested in doing so.

"To each his own," as they say.

Make it optional and everyone can be happy. Thanks!

Thanks again for sharing those requests!
This discussion has been closed.