Upgrade to v4?

Options

I'm running Mavericks and 1Password 3.8.22. I don't want to upgrade to Yosemite but do want to upgrade to 1Password 4. But when I click on Buy Now, I only see prices for v5 (which I believe I can't run on Mavericks). So... how can I upgrade? Thanks.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• elg
    elg
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running Mavericks and 1Password 3.8.22. I don't want to upgrade to Yosemite but do want to upgrade to 1Password 4. But when I click on Buy Now, I only see prices for v5 (which I believe I can't run on Mavericks). So... how can I upgrade? Thanks.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.9.5
    Sync Type: wifi

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The license file used to register version 5 is exactly the same as the one to register version 4. Version 5 is a free upgrade from version 4. So you would go ahead and buy the version 5 license, install version 4 from the legacy section of the Downloads page, and follow the instructions in the email acknowledging your purchase for installing the license. You'll then also be set to use version 5 when the time comes that you update your operating system.

Be sure you get your discounted upgrade price before you buy. You do that by entering your version 3 license code in the screen that follows the upgrade option on the web store.

• Hey @elg! You are correct: 1Password 5 does not run on Mavericks. There's are some fancy features we've added in that version that only Yosemite and newer operating systems support. You can feel free to upgrade to 1Password 4, though. The license is exactly the same as 5, so you can purchase an upgrade through our store and download 1Password 4 from our Downloads page.

If you don't mind my asking, why do you not want to upgrade to Yosemite? Almost every Mac back to ~2008 supports 10.10 Yosemite, and most of them support 10.11 El Capitan as well. Apple's How to Upgrade article can help you determine what version of OS X your computer supports. It might be worth a shot. :)

• @elg I just merged your threads since there were two. They're now together at last.

• elg
    elg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Penderworth. It's just that my MBP is on "mission critical" pretty much all the time; can't afford the risk of botching an OS upgrade and being without it. That said, I will take a look at the article you linked. Thanks again.

• @elg I'm sorry to hear that. How old is the little guy? Yosemite runs very smooth on even rather old machines. It may be worth looking into. :) If you need anything else, feel free to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.